Enter your email address:

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Where I'm From

I am from packs of trading cards filled with bubble gum, from ice cream trucks and sticker collections.

I am from two story townhouses fun, lively, warm.


I am from green leaves and hibiscus flower, yellow, red, bright.


I am from celebrating every special occasion and milestone and love, from Grandma May and Mommy and Dad.


I am from crazy laughter and creative generosity.


From treating others as you want to be treated and loving one another.


I am from only one God, one Spirit, one Church and believe that God is in control, everything happens for a reason, and God turns everything around for the good.


I’m from Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, a native Hawaiian, Japanese, French, Filipino, pizza and sushi.


From a man who became my dad by choice not by conception and has never stopped loving and caring for me as his very own, Grandma May who cared for her parents in their old age till they passed, a Mother who did the same for her mother and always puts her heart and soul into everything she does because of her love for others.


I am from hanging up on my loved ones walls to sitting saved on the family computer so that future generations to follow will learn of me, my impact to this world, and where they came from.




All my heart

Salena
Linking up here:

Pin It

4 comments:

Pidg said...

Oh, I love that post. It was perfect and I so wish I had thought of it!

I think your sweet...it's award time again ;) http://pidgapeg.blogspot.com/2011/09/youre-irresistibly-sweet.html

Karen said...

That is a great post Salena!

Grams said...

Stopping in from Mama Kat's Writers Workshop. I really like "I am from crazy laughter and creative generosity." That's something lovely to be from.

Nay said...

love the originality of this post - beautiful.