Enter your email address:

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

One Ingredient Ice Cream, What?!



I first came across this recipe on one of my kids dvd's in the preview section before the movie starts.  I thought it was interesting so I thought I'd give it a try.  It's easy to remember because all they did was take ripe bananas, put them in the freezer, blend up the frozen bananas and eat it.  Easy right?

You can find other variations of this banana ice cream on Pinterest too.

note: peel and cut bananas into small pieces before freezing.



This is what I used:
3 large - Frozen ripe bananas
2 Tbsp - Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp - Nestle chocolate mix
Blender




Directions:
Toss frozen bananas into blender
Add any additional ingredients
Blend till smooth

Consistency is like a very thick marshmallow cream.

I'm not sure if you can freeze and eat later.  This is the first time I tried it tonight and we ate it up right away. 

I have to say, it was better than I thought it was going to be.  I do not like smoothies with overpowering banana flavor so I usually substitute with blueberries.  Although the bulk of the recipe was bananas it had just a slight banana flavor but it's so filling.

Now I know what to do with all our over ripe bananas.  I will be making this again, my girls loved it!

  

 Enjoy!!

Have you tried frozen banana ice cream before?  Let me know if you try this, I'd love to hear from you! 

Pin It

photobucketphotobucketphotobucketPhotobucketphotobucketphotobucket

2 comments:

Pidg said...

Ohh, I'm so going to have to try that. I've been craving ice cream lately, but I can't (shouldn't) have it... AND I have ripe bananas. You might have just saved my life! (wink)

Revamp Spunky Rena said...

Hi Lovely... I am your newest follower from Bloglovin Blog Hop. Love your awesome blog!
Followed you via Bloglovin'. Feel free to follow me @ www.revampspunkyrena.com
xoxo
Rena