Enter your email address:

Monday, September 10, 2012

Revive Your Marriage || .your attitude.

Revive Your Attitude In Marriage   encouragements for wives    Revive Your Marriage Revive Your Attitude marriage series attitude    Unveiled Wife


Darlene from Time Warp Wife
Courtney from Women Living Well
Sheila from To Love Honor and Vacuum
Jennifer from Unveiled Wife

Each week there will be a devotional and a CHALLENGE.

Here’s the topic schedule for those who want to link up each week:

September 3rd – Revive Your Prayers

September 9th – Revive Your Attitude

September 16th – Revive Your Friendship

September 23rd - Revive Your Praise

September 30th - Revive Your Sex Life


Love Your Husband by Gloria Baird is a wonderful book.  When I first read it years ago, it changed my perspective so quick on the way I viewed my marriage and my husband.  This is another book I've been wanting needing to read again.  

Topics covered in the book are:

  • remember your vow
  • a suitable helper
  • adult to adult
  • effective communication
  • hitting the bumps
  • attitude is everything
  • intimacy for life
  • sexual specifics
  • and baby makes three, four, five
  • enjoying the empty nest

During my 15 years of marriage there has been many challenges.  Yes, there are instances when problems are caused directly because of my husband and vise versa.  I am a firm believer that attitudes can change if you have the right perspective.  Well, lets not say the "right" perspective, lets say a "different" perspective.  I once sat in a church service where the speaker was talking about rose colored glasses.  If you put on a different perspective, they said, your view will be changed.


When I read the book the first time, my husband noticed a huge difference.  My focus was taken off myself and what I wanted needed expected and instead was shifted towards compassion and unconditional love.  I forget that yes, I am a daughter of God but my husband is a son of God and that he chose us for one another.  We are supposed to be united but when our attitude or perception is off, we turn so quickly on one another.

I remember praying for God to bless me with someone.  Being a single mom with 3 young kids, I didn't think I would find someone.  With God all things are possible and eventually came my husband.  We went steady for a year before we got engaged and were married 3-1/2 months later.  I remember the day I knew I wanted to marry him.  It was almost 2 months before he asked me to be his girlfriend.  I remember our wedding day and I could not wait to finally get to spend the night with him and wake up in his arms.  It was a huge deal and I longed for that special feeling of having someone to end the day with and wake up with next to me.



Linking up here.
photobucketphotobucketphotobucketPhotobucketphotobucketphotobucket

1 comment:

Delora said...

Stopping by from Titus2sdays. I love your wedding picture. Thanks for the great encouragement. I look forward to staying connected.