Enter your email address:

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Blogaversary || Part 5 } Being Real

Catch up here:
part 2
part 1

via

Being real about who you are or about your life is not always easy.  I still find myself being faced with things I would not share when I come across others who write about things I would never think to write about.  It's times like these when I feel completely connected with them.  Being able to relate to someone else, especially when they open up about something you would be too ashamed for others to know or on something you feel like you just can't re-live, can bring healing that you have never known.  When you are real about who you are, you draw those near who need encouragement and hope.  I will never forget the emails and comments I have received over this last year from those of you who for the first time felt like someone else "gets me".  I feel the same way about other bloggers who stop and take the time to share about who they really are.  I love the blogging community.  We are here longing to connect and to make a difference for someone else.  Whether it's faith, DIY, tutorials, fashion, make up, etc... we all want to share what we know with others.  When we take the time to pause, take a step back and share about the real us behind the blog and what we decide to share in our space, it brings us together and bonds us closer together.  Although I have only met one blogger face to face, I have been blessed by so many real friends who get me for me.


via

Today I have Jennifer from My Adventures Through Motherhood and Kelsey from Poofy Cheeks Boutique!  I have known Jennifer from the beginning of blogging.  She is so sweet and her blog is warm and inviting where she shares about motherhood.  I love her post on her nursery reveal, it's so lovely and I love how she decorated it!  Kelsey stepped forward for a call for sponsors for one of my giveaways.  She is so creative and her shop has such cute things!  I love her craft room reveal, I would love to have a space like that!


YOUR FIRST BLOGAVERSARY STORY:

My one year is this month but I just had our baby girl august 14th so I am be postponing my celebration for a while. I began blogging when my son was born in 09. It was my way of being able to document our life. A way for friends and family to catch up with us. Then I decided to take my blog public. It quickly grew and I began to meet so many amazing bloggers. The last few months I’ve slacked on keeping up, but fully plan on coming back full force once I am into a regular routine with both kids and life. I love sharing my experiences as a mother with others. And look forward to sharing my journey as a mom of two. Its been an incredible journey thus far and I can’t wait to share more of my experiences! 

HOW HAS A LITTLE PIECE OF ME INSPIRED OR ENCOURAGED YOU?

Salena is an amazing, kind hearted loving soul. She has been supportive of my blog. She is always offering kind words of encouragement. She is real. She doesn’t sugar coat anything, and to me that is inspiring when sharing my experiences. I am so glad to have met you Salena. Thank you for all of your love and support! Congrats on your one year blogaversary! Thank you for letting me be part of this amazing celebration xoxo



YOUR FIRST BLOGAVERSARY STORY:

I started blogging after having my second son. I felt stuck in my house, alone and needed a way to outlet my energy and creativity. I came across a blog called The Starr Family blog and knew I wanted to do what Kate was doing. She was a mom of two, had an awesome eye for home decor, witty and was rockin' it on her blog! I started following her blog, started writing my own blog, and though we haven't met in real life we email back and fourth often. She is on a bloggin hiatus, but without her inspiration I am not sure where I would be right now!


HOW HAS A LITTLE PIECE OF ME INSPIRED OR ENCOURAGED YOU?

The first time I remember reading a post on A Little Piece of Me was right after I had experienced a miscarriage. I was reading through some of the blogs that I follow when this post came across my reader. I had experienced a miscarriage a few weeks earlier, and it was like He put this here for me to read. I could relate to almost every word Salena wrote, and I was so comforted knowing that I wasn't alone. Though I hated we both experienced this horrible pain in our hearts, I was glad that she was sharing her feelings and thoughts. That post helped me realize that all of the feelings I had were normal because at the time I just felt lost and confused in my own sadness.

What is your purpose for blogging?  Would you consider perhaps taking a step back and sharing about the real you behind your blog?

Stay tuned for Part 6!

Oh, a little note... I have been getting messages from some of you readers who are having a hard time leaving comments here on each post below.  If you would like to send me a comment but the comment feature is not working for you, please feel free to send me an email at alittlepieceofme.salena@gmail.com or you can leave a message on my facebook page or twitter using the links below.

I value each and every comment.  I read every single one and reply directly through email.  You may have noticed I do not regularly respond on each post and that's because if the person leaving a comment does not subscribe to replies, they will not be notified and may not return to the post to check back.  So please be sure if you leave a comment that your blogger profile email setting is turned "on".

Don't forget to enter the giveaway here:
A LITTLE PIECE OF ME



like me on Facebook || follow me on Twitter || visit my Shop || follow me on Pinterest
send me a message here

2 comments:

Holly said...

LOVE this!

isshounoyakusoku said...

i can totally relate to this! :) thank you for being that person to me!