Enter your email address:

Monday, July 23, 2012

Girls Night Out

Saphire called me to ask me to spend one on one time with her.  We have all been so busy it's hard for me to spend time alone with any of my kids.  It worked out where my mom could watch the little girls so we planned for Monday night.  The plans were a surprise to me.  All I knew was that it was just me and Saphire.  As the time drew near, I found out Ashley was coming and that Josh would be picking me up on his way home from work since he works by our house.

He came to the door in his uniform.  Since we have never seen him in this uniform we had to take pictures!!!




We had a nice drive to their house and had a nice talk on the way about where he'll be stationed for 15 + months at the end of August.

Josh and Ashley switched off.  We said goodbye to Josh and we were on our way to meet Saphire at the mall.  Ashley kind of slipped up and mentioned something about our appointments.  I had a feeling pedicures were going to be a part of our surprise plans so I remembered to shave.  =)





When we got to the mall Ashley got me her new favorite drink.
Black tea, sweetened, with strawberry, and thai walls.  It didn't come out right at this Starbucks so I was not impressed.  She did bring over one tonight and it was YUMMY!!  Wherever she went made it right.  =)  Then she stopped to get us some pretzel bites with Parmesan cheese at Pretzel Maker for snack while we did our nails.

Next stop, L'mour Pearlridge where Saphire works.  I always have a hard time choosing my color.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Well in all my life, this is only the 2nd pedicure I have had.  The first one was 2 or 3 years ago for mother's day with these lovely daughters of mine.  I love having them done but we just don't have the money so it's a treat that comes from my daughters.  =)
  



This blue was not what I was going for but I loved it in the salon.  At home, not so much but still pretty.  I was going for the midnight blue that looks almost black.  I guess they ran out because she couldn't find 
it.







Next stop, surprise walk down the other end of the mall to California Pizza Kitchen.  Yummy appetizers and pretty decorated sodas and waters but our food was terrible.  All 3 of us sent ours back and when it came back my pasta was cooked wrong but still tasted good.  Our waitress was lovely and gracious.




Next stop, Dip n Dots Ice cream.  The girls got rainbow as you can see by their dip n dot lips down below.  I had a cookies & cream and coffee mix, it was so good!
   

We had a great night together just the 3 of us.  It's so nice to be treated by my girls to a great night out.  Thanks to my mom watching the little girls I was able to have a "girls night out" with my older girls and have a great bonding time with them.  They are also like best friend's to me, not just my daughters.  We have so much fun together.  =)

We ended our night going to visit my son Kapono who was in the hospital across the parking lot with pneumonia.  We had a few laughs before we needed to go home, it was so late by then.  It was nice for us 4 to be together again.  It has been a long time.  I remember when it was just me, a single mom and my first 3 kids when they were below the ages of 10 before I married Rudy.  The brief moment we spent in the hospital room together, just the 4 of us was precious to me.

I love my kids.

like me on Facebook || follow me on Twitter || visit my Shop || follow me on Pinterest
send me a message here

6 comments:

Anni said...

Great post!

Now I´m hungry and I want a pedi :oD

You´ve picked a wonderful color! BLue ROCKS!

Smooches from Germany,
Anni

Pamela said...

looks like you had a great time!

MAKEUP OBSESSED MOM said...

So glad you got to have a relaxing time with your girls! I like the blue polish!! Prayers for a speedy recovery for your son! Stacie xo

Christine Bryant said...

Girl's Night Out looked like a complete success!!...Awww...what I would do for a Girl's Night Out...good food, pampering...movies...YES...Need one Now!...

Visiting from Monday Meet Up
Be Blessed, Salena <3

Tif said...

Oh sweet girl...I'm praying for your son! I know it's hard when they are sick! Loved the girls night out! I'm in DESPERATE need of a Pedi about now! LOL!

Found you through the Monday Meet Up @ Covered In Grace
FOLLOWING YOU! Hope you will hop by my little bloggy world! :o)

Tif
Ramblings of a Southern Belle
http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

No(dot dot)el said...

Yay!! For daughters who love on their momma's. This post made me so happy. Those memories are precious and very nice nail color choice ;) wink wink!