Enter your email address:

Saturday, June 2, 2012

One Year Ago... an update.

Today marks one year since this horrific day.


Thankfully, Dakota has been fine with the exception of still not wanting to get into the pool.  Two days ago she came up to me and asked me if I can take her into the pool and carry her in the water.  Daddy took them to the pool yesterday but she did not get in.  It's not so important and she will do it when she's ready.

Last night, driving home from the store she started talking in detail about what happened on June 2, 2011.  It was the weirdest thing because she had never done that before.  She asked me over and over again about things that happened and asked me if I remembered all of it.

It was as if it was happening all over again.  The sense of fear and loss came back again.  Aleshanee told me she remembers me crying the whole time.  Dakota asked me why.  It was hard to let the words out of my mouth and tell her I thought she was dead.

Since that night in the hospital when she finally came out of the fog and unresponsiveness, she has continued to be a light, so smart, funny, clever, and so much more than she was before she went under the water that day.



I'm not sure what today should mean.  A day to reflect.  A day to rejoice.  A day to remember.  A day to give gratitude.  Whatever it is, I have revisited that day and the feelings are still there.  I look at her here with me, being able to hold her warm body, hear her heart beating, feel her warm breath, look into her sparkling beautiful joyful eyes, hear her laugh...

I will never forget what happened that day.  I will probably have to relive it for her many times in the future.  I'm just so grateful that I have her and that she is loving life so much.




Congratulations to these May Giveaway winners!
1. 500x150 In Post Banner Ad:: Nora Spaulding
2. 350x200 Large Featured Ad for June:: Nichole Hubbard
3. Charm Cluster Necklace:: Annelise Driflot
Emails have been sent. Please contact me to claim your prize.





Blog / Facebook / Twitter  / Shop / Pinterest
send me a message here


This post is sponsored by:

1 comment:

Brooke @ Covered in Grace said...

Wow! I can only imagine the horrible emotion and grief you must have surely felt in those moments. PTL that your baby girl is safe and well. Jesus was taking care of her that day for sure!! =) XXO