Enter your email address:

Friday, June 22, 2012

just me...

Necklace:: J&M's Eye Candy Shoppe

Hey guys, well I had so many great ideas for a post today.  I even had my Friday's Letters and Thankful Thursday posts started but in the end, I decided to save it for a later date.

You may have seen the photo above already but I did not share it here so I thought I'd pop that in there and give a shout out to Kristine at The Foley Fam.  Hey Kristine!!  The necklace I'm wearing is from her shop J&M's Eye Candy.  It's a triple fabric bloom necklace in mustard.  I honestly thought I would never wear it because it wasn't my style but I love it!  I won it in a giveaway a while back and only used it recently.  Go check out her shop!

So I thought I'd do a random facts instead, fun right?  Believe me, it's better than the deep downer post I had in mind.

 Random Facts About Me 

1.  My name is SALENA.  I get the whole "Ooooo SE---LE---NA!!!" from the movie all.the.time.  Funny thing is Selena Quintanilla Perez is my doppelganger go check it out and tell me what you think.  Her photos are a splitting image to my younger photos, even my kids thought I was her.  As of late, one of the neighborhood kids now calls me "Aunty Salena (pauses) GOMEZ!!!"

2.  I am Hawaiian, Filipino, Japanese, and French. My mother is Japanese/French and my dad is Hawaiian/Filipino.

3.  I was raised in the Japanese culture and I love Japanese food.

4.  My dream when I was younger was to grow up and become a Kumu Hula (Hula Teacher). I danced hula since I was little and actually was the lead in our hula group for most of our performances. Not because I was better than the rest, it was because I was the tallest. I choreographed a Christmas hula for my 10th grade talent show at school for my hula class and we won 2nd place.

5.  I met Hulk Hogan and the late Randy Savage when I worked at Gold's Gym Hawaii years ago. I always remember that because Hulk Hogan asked me to spell my name when I asked for his autograph and he still spelled my name wrong.

6.  I am the oldest of 3 girls.

7.  Up till I was about 25 years old I thought I was Chinese, it says so on my birth certificate. Turns out my grandmother was adopted and her adopted certificate did not claim her being 100% Hawaiian.

8.  I love R&B, rap, top 10 music but never listen to it anymore unless I'm alone driving in my car. This is very rare. We either listen to no music or my husband's oldies, sometimes it can get quite annoying.

9.  When my 3 older kids were little and they misbehaved in the car I would put on some oldies station and blast it till they shaped up, it worked real fast. =)

10. Once when I took my oldest daughter for a test at a hospital, the receptionist checking her in said she needed an adult to check her in. I said I am and she asked me how old I was. Turns out she thought I was her friend and that I was younger than my daughter who was 17 at the time. So Funny.

11. I am so lost without LOST. I watched that show from the pilot and every episode till it ended. It is the best show that was ever made. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It has an outcome that will blow your mind.

12. My favorite color is Pink but it all depends on my mood and what it's for.

13. I wish I could re-do my wedding day. A) Photos B) Video C) Enjoy and be in the moment

14. I hate summer because our day goes from 12 noon to 3am, me and my little girls that is. I know terrible. I am not a morning person so because my husband works nights, we shift our day to his.

15. August will be the start of just me and Hayden at home during the day and I am looking forward to it. Hoping to get more done around here and having the older two both be wiped out from an early day at school.


Well, that's about it for now.  Anything else you'd like to know?  Leave me a comment below.  Have a lovely weekend!! 

via
like me on Facebook || follow me on Twitter || visit my Shop || follow me on Pinterest
send me a message here

8 comments:

AbsoluteMommy said...

Love all your random facts! Now that you mention it you do look like Salena. Fabulous by the way. And I miss the show LOST something fierce! Did you ever see any of the cast while they were filming? You are beautiful and this post was a great read on a friday!
XOXO

Ashley said...

I loved reading all of these ! I have never watched LOST. It is on my mental "to watch" list. :)

Kelly said...

What a great idea for a post! Going to have to steal it someday! And i find it hilarious you blasted oldies in the car when your children misbehaved! Ha!

Salena Lee said...

Thanks Megan! We did see the cast at the premier sunset on the beach viewing for the second season. It was storming and down pored so bad that we ended up leaving. We saw them from a far distance but the big screen was on. A friend lived across the way from Sawyer and saw him all the time. Another friend is friend's with Sayid and goes golfing with them all the time. That's the closet I got to them in all the years they were here.

Salena Lee said...

I love about me posts too!! Oh you must watch it but do it when you have time because you will not want to stop. It is awesome!! :)

Salena Lee said...

Thanks Kelly! Go for it, I'd love to read yours. Yeah, oldies and classical, it killed them they were so annoyed. =)

Kristine @ TFF {unedited} said...

Woot! You rocked the Eye Candy! THANK YOU so much for sharing and the amazing link love sweet friend! I appreciate it! And HELLO!!! I didn't know you were part Pinay?! #filipinasunite Love ya even more now, which I didn't think was possible :) Happy Weekend, because you deserve it!!

Salena Lee said...

You are so welcome! Umm, yeah. =) Thanks girl, you too.