|Necklace:: J&M's Eye Candy Shoppe|
Hey guys, well I had so many great ideas for a post today. I even had my Friday's Letters and Thankful Thursday posts started but in the end, I decided to save it for a later date.
You may have seen the photo above already but I did not share it here so I thought I'd pop that in there and give a shout out to Kristine at The Foley Fam. Hey Kristine!! The necklace I'm wearing is from her shop J&M's Eye Candy. It's a triple fabric bloom necklace in mustard. I honestly thought I would never wear it because it wasn't my style but I love it! I won it in a giveaway a while back and only used it recently. Go check out her shop!
So I thought I'd do a random facts instead, fun right? Believe me, it's better than the deep downer post I had in mind.
Random Facts About Me
1. My name is SALENA. I get the whole "Ooooo SE---LE---NA!!!" from the movie all.the.time. Funny thing is Selena Quintanilla Perez is my doppelganger go check it out and tell me what you think. Her photos are a splitting image to my younger photos, even my kids thought I was her. As of late, one of the neighborhood kids now calls me "Aunty Salena (pauses) GOMEZ!!!"
2. I am Hawaiian, Filipino, Japanese, and French. My mother is Japanese/French and my dad is Hawaiian/Filipino.
3. I was raised in the Japanese culture and I love Japanese food.
4. My dream when I was younger was to grow up and become a Kumu Hula (Hula Teacher). I danced hula since I was little and actually was the lead in our hula group for most of our performances. Not because I was better than the rest, it was because I was the tallest. I choreographed a Christmas hula for my 10th grade talent show at school for my hula class and we won 2nd place.
5. I met Hulk Hogan and the late Randy Savage when I worked at Gold's Gym
years ago. I always remember that because Hulk
Hogan asked me to spell my name when I asked for his autograph and he still
spelled my name wrong. Hawaii
6. I am the oldest of 3 girls.
7. Up till I was about 25 years old I thought I was Chinese, it says so on my birth certificate. Turns out my grandmother was adopted and her adopted certificate did not claim her being 100% Hawaiian.
8. I love R&B, rap, top 10 music but never listen to it anymore unless I'm alone driving in my car. This is very rare. We either listen to no music or my husband's oldies, sometimes it can get quite annoying.
9. When my 3 older kids were little and they misbehaved in the car I would put on some oldies station and blast it till they shaped up, it worked real fast. =)
10. Once when I took my oldest daughter for a test at a hospital, the receptionist checking her in said she needed an adult to check her in. I said I am and she asked me how old I was. Turns out she thought I was her friend and that I was younger than my daughter who was 17 at the time. So Funny.
11. I am so lost without LOST. I watched that show from the pilot and every episode till it ended. It is the best show that was ever made. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It has an outcome that will blow your mind.
12. My favorite color is Pink but it all depends on my mood and what it's for.
13. I wish I could re-do my wedding day. A) Photos B) Video C) Enjoy and be in the moment
14. I hate summer because our day goes from to , me and my little girls that is. I know terrible. I am not a morning person so because my husband works nights, we shift our day to his.
15. August will be the start of just me and Hayden at home during the day and I am looking forward to it. Hoping to get more done around here and having the older two both be wiped out from an early day at school.
Well, that's about it for now. Anything else you'd like to know? Leave me a comment below. Have a lovely weekend!!
send me a message here