Enter your email address:

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Guest Post:: Tutorial from A Creative Cookie

Kate from A Creative Cookie is here today with a fun tutorial and so easy!  Visit her blog where you will find many creative ideas!  Thanks Kate!
******************************************************

Hi there! I'm Kate from A Creative Cookie. I love sharing my projects, kids crafts, and ideas with others. I'm so excited to be on Salena's blog today!

This project was just an experiment. But once I started wrapping the yarn around the cuff, I knew I was on to something! Let's get started...

Supplies:
"hairy" yarn
used ribbon spools
Embellishments (if you want to add some rhinestones or something)
scissors
just a bit of glue (Elmer's)

 Start with a ribbon spool (use one that's bigger than your arm)
 Now rip off the cardboard covers. Sometimes the bottom one can be a bit difficult. You will be left with this:

Now cut some yarn. I guessed the length for mine and around five feet worked just fine.


 Start wrapping the cuff with the yarn.
 It takes a little while, but the 'hair' covers more than you think.
Now make a knot and add a little dot of glue on it, so it won't untie.

You're done!


Not bad for $0, right? ;)

Thanks so much for having me, Salena!
If you enjoyed this tutorial, I would love it if you'd stop by and say hi! Or you can check me out on FacebookBloglovin', or follow by email. :)

Photobucket

******************************************************





2 comments:

Chibi Lolita said...

This is awesome! I have some of that hairy yarn. I tried to crochet with it but stopped after getting to frustrated with it. Now I know what to do. Thanks Kate and Salena!

PrettyRiot said...

Cute idea! Thanks for sharing!