Enter your email address:

Monday, April 30, 2012

WIWW: What I Wore Wedding Edition


My sister's wedding April 27, 1996
Her theme was black and she had 20 people in her wedding party, not including the flower girl and ring boy.  She had a professional hairstylist come to the house and I remember how much I HATED my hair.  Everyone loved it though so I felt okay about it the rest of the day.  This is the  only photo I have of that day because she has yet to give me any wedding pictures... that was 16 years ago this week.


My wedding day April 12, 1997
My dress was $500, bought the same place my sister bought her wedding dress and we both received a big discount.  My veil was handmade by my mother with delicate pearls sewn on by hand.  The edges were femininely scalloped, so beautiful.  My mom also made me a handmade handkerchief which I held during the entire ceremony.  She made my garter which had blue ribbon on it.  I borrowed my sister's earrings which I believe she wore on her wedding day... to this day I can't remember what happened to it, I don't think they were ever returned to her.  I remember my feet were in such pain and if I were to do it again, I would wear something flat and comfortable.  I wore my husband's class ring on my right hand along with my engagement ring when I walked down the aisle.  It's actually the ring he wears now in place of his wedding band which is in a safe place currently.










My oldest daughter's wedding day May 12, 2004
I had nothing to wear and asked a co-worker at the last minute to borrow something.  She brought me a bunch of dresses to work and I knew this was the one I wanted to wear.  I did my own hair and this was the first and last time I did this style.  It came out pretty good.  I just don't have the time to do it now with my 3 little girls.  I bought beautiful earrings from Macy's which I could only find as clip on's and they hurt so bad, I got a huge headache and my ears hurt for hours after I took it off.  I got my shoes from Payless and I wore them only to the wedding.

Ashley's mother in law and I on our way up to light the candles on each side of the unity candle.


My son, Kapono walking me back to my seat after lighting the candle.


If you want to read more about my wedding song (which was actually the song my daughter chose for her wedding song) and my thoughts on walking down the aisle you can read it here:



Linking up here:
Link up and share!
WIW: Wedding



12 comments:

Lindsay said...

So pretty! I hear ya about doing hair with littles around lol - I'm lucky I can get it in a ponytail fast enough!

Kristina said...

so pretty! :)

Katie said...

that is so cool that your mom made your vail! very pretty pics!

Sue said...

Beautiful pics Salena! I'm glad I'm not the only one who posted from more than one wedding :)

AbsoluteMommy said...

I love your wedding pictures! You were a beautiful bride. And I love that your mother made your veil. So beautiful and so much love!
Thanks for linking up!!

Bonnie Way said...

Nice pictures. It's cool that your hubby wore a white suit - my uncle did that for his wedding but I've hardly seen anyone else do it. :)

Amanda said...

I love that you included pictures from not just your wedding. Great idea!

You were a beautiful bride - and I love the lace detail around the bottom of your dress. I always thought I'd have lace in my wedding dress, but alas...it was not meant to be!

Tranae said...

Beautiful and how neat is it that your mom made your veil.

Courtney said...

I especially love the neckline of your dress Salena!! Beautiful, traditional…elegant!! XO
Courtney
www.baxtronlife.com

Nicole Marie said...

You were a beautiful bride. The dress you wore was gorgeous! You still are (:

Laura Hernandez said...

I just adore wedding photos. What a beautiful dress.

jenkakio.com said...

Awe...this is a wonderful post! You looked gorgeous on your sister's, yours, and your daughter's wedding day. To me, it doesn't look like you aged one bit. It's that Hawai'i water, I tell ya. LOL