Enter your email address:

Friday, April 27, 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge:: From a Low Angle

I'm linking up with Laura at Our Reflection for her Weekly Photo Challenge.  Last week was my first time participating.  Have you been linking up your photos?  I love taking and editing pictures.  This challenge has been fun and exciting to see what I can come up with.  I don't get out much so I did not have anything to link up prior to last week.  If you love to take pictures, come join in and see all the hidden, or not so hidden talent.  It's a great way to gain ideas because someone else may have thought about something you have never done before.

The theme for this week April 23-28 is: from a low angle




This photo was taken at the Honolulu Zoo.  It is a huge tree at the entrance area.  I asked my girls to pose for photos in front of it and they said they were scared.  Eventually they started running around it chasing each other.  I loved this tree so much I captured this photo from a low angle hoping that I could capture it's beauty.  This photo doesn't do it justice.  It's one of those things you must see in person.

Last week's theme was water.  Brooke from Covered in Grace, who also lives here in Hawaii thought it was funny that I took a picture of the pool water rather than the ocean.  Again, here I have a tree and not something tropical.  I don't get out much and am not really an outdoors type of person.  The day we go out and about and do things that I can capture "Hawaii" that would be of interest to everyone, believe me, I will be taking tons of pictures to share.  =)

Now, go get your camera and take your shot and link up!  Or... click on the button below to get updates on next weeks theme.

Happy snapping!!

Our Reflection Weekly Photo Challenge



8 comments:

Laura Hernandez said...

WOW! That is a stunning tree. I really need to visit Hawaii someday. Thank you SO much for linking up.

Donata @ DK's Craft Cafe said...

This tree is soooo beautiful, Salena!
A great photo too!

Sue said...

I love your photo Salena. So pretty!

Jen said...

Great photo! Is it just me or does the tree sort of look like a person throwing her head back, lifting her arms and dancing?

Jenny {Heavenly Blossoms} said...

Including you I have a TON of friends in Hawaii!! I won't be able to go before my deployment but I hope that most of them are still there when I get back!

I love this picture, I love photos of tropical scenery, I guess its because I am Puerto Rican, so it reminds me so much of my family memories and all the trees and birds and animals that I love so much! :) Great pic!

Cat said...

That. is. incredible. woah.

jenkakio.com said...

Beautiful picture! I know this might sound weird, but it looks so much bigger in the photo. LOL I love those trees at the Zoo. I remember when I was younger playing round it. I loved swinging on those hanging branches.

Cool photo...it brought back a lot of memories for me.

Kimmie said...

So pretty! Stopping by from the photo challenge. :)