Enter your email address:

Monday, April 9, 2012

An update, Something new, and a couple of Winners!


Last week Wednesday a contractor paid us a visit.  We were so happy to find out we would not need to relocate during the house repairs.  Even happier that we don't need to leave during the day either.  A temporary wall will be built to block off the area being fixed.  Shortly after the news, clean up began.  The area looks so nice now after being an eye sore for almost 2 weeks with all the crash debris everywhere.

Awesome worker clearing the area.
Thursday, my husband and I had date time, finally.  It has been ages that we have had time alone.  I asked my mom to come to our house with the girls before Aleshanee came home from school.  We did errands and ended our time with a dinner for two at a Mexican restaurant I've been wanting to eat at for years.  I had the taco salad with chicken and we ordered the chips and salsa.... everything was sooooo good!!  It was nice being able to eat and have a conversation without being interrupted every few minutes, having to break up arguments and fights, or having to rush someone to the bathroom because they always wait for the last minute.  I found that my husband really does have stuff to say.  Hahaha!  He's always so quiet and we don't really talk because the girls take up so much of our attention.  By the time we have a moment of quiet, we have already forgotten what it was we need to talk about or one of us is passing out from exhaustion.

Hanohano Orchid is my favorite orchid.  The smell is amazing!!

Friday, I got to see The Hunger Games with my mom and a family friend, girls day!  Well, morning. :)  I haven't been to a movie in a long time.  I didn't really know what the movie was about but it wasn't what I expected.  I thought it was going to be much more intense and gruesome, I didn't realize it was an actual game like a game show on tv.  I was picturing something like gladiator.  In the late afternoon Rudy and I took Aleshanee and Dakota to the eye doctor to check if they need glasses.  They have been complaining about their eyes for a while now but lucky thing their eyes are fine!  We were worried their bill would be sky high like their dentist bill.  We had a nice time at the mall later that night with my father-in-law. We went to our favorite Japanese buffet and the we had a nice time.

Saturday, the girls and I went to my mom's house to dye Easter eggs with my sisters and their kids.  The kids did so great and had so much fun.  I brought my craft stuff and was able to get a lot done while relaxing at my mom's while the girls were off playing with their cousins.


Sunday, we went to my mom's for an Easter egg hunt and for dinner.  It was a really fast day for us.  The cousins all had such a blast hunting for over 233 plastic eggs.  I think next year we need to separate the older kids from the younger ones.  Hayden and Dakota were getting trampled and that is not a good thing.
Posing for a picture on the way to the playground Easter Sunday.

My mom's abstract art eggs made with food coloring.  So cool, the dye went though the shells, so pretty.
This ham smelled so good.  My mom's own spices to make honey glazed ham. The house smelled amazing when I pulled up, you could smell it out on the street.

Confetti cake mix cup cakes.  This stuff was so yummy and moist!


and here we are Monday.  We spent the afternoon at the playground and got rained on.  The girls were soaking wet by the time we got home although it had already stopped raining.  They had a hot bubble bath, their tummies are full and it's almost bed time for them, yay... hoping for some quiet mommy time.

In other news...

Here's what's new in the shop.  =)

I am in LOVE with these key chains!  I have been wanting to make these for a long time now and finally had the time to do it.  I made myself one recently in a different pattern and I love it so much.  Each time I reach for my keys, the pop of color and feminine prettiness of the flower catches my eye and makes me happy.  These are extra special because they are adorned with vintage buttons from my late grandmother's button collection.  She was a professional seamstress.  These buttons match so perfectly with these prints.






Find key chains here.

Congratulations to the winners!
March Group Sponsor  GiveawayLeigh-Ellen Thomas

xoxo, Salena
 Facebook / Twitter  / Shop




6 comments:

Tracy Jensen said...

I love the picture of the girls for easter.....so cute! And I so have to have a keychain!!!! :) Gonna get one for sure! :) Love you my friend...glad you get to stay in your house while it's being fixed'

Rosie said...

All ig those food pictures have made my tummy rumble! I love that you didn't have to move out. I also love those keychains. When I'm next on my computer, i'm pinning them for sure.

Rosie xxx
Craftbotics.blogspot.com

whitneyfreeman said...

Waoohooo!! I am the winner!! I am sooo excited!!

Lacey said...

I'm glad you guys had a good weekend and that you got some time to yourself! You definitely deserve it. Also, I just ordered a keychain. They were too cute to pass up. :)

Kyetra said...

The photo of that ham makes me hungry.
I am a new follower. ;0

Catherine said...

Mmm.. I love Easter so much. That ham looks amazing! Good luck with all the housework!

Cute blog!

Catherine
FEST (food, style & travel)