Enter your email address:

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Guest Interview: Dear Life, From a Mom of Boys.

Tracy is here from Dear Life, From a Mom of Boys.  She is an amazing mom with an amazing family.  I put together this interview so we can all get to know more about her.  I knew her answers were going to be inspiring but of course she went beyond my expectations.
******************************************************************************************************************************


Hi Salena, I am so excited be featured on your blog!






The Interview:


1. When did you start blogging and why?
I started a few years ago with the typical family blog. I wasn't consistent, and it bored me. I stopped writing for quite awhile. Last year I started following Made By Munchies Mama, and started getting the itch to write again. I am a writer at heart, and I wanted my blog to reflect ME, not necessarily the family goings on. I started following all different kinds of blogs until I figured out what I wanted to write about. I turned 40 last year, and I have been feeling lost in the craziness of mommyhood...I felt like I needed an outlet to find out WHO I am. And that's when Dear Life was born!



2. What is the most valuable lesson you have learned about yourself through blogging up to this point?
I have learned that I have a voice, it's a valuable tool.
3. If you were given an all expense paid vacation (sitter included) for you and your husband, where would you go?
I would have answered this differently last year...I would have said Hawaii. But that dream is going to happen this summer, so now I would say Paris. The romantic in me is longing to go to Paris. One day I'm going to make it a reality.



4. What is one piece of advice you would give a newly married couple?
Listen to each other and think before you speak.



5. What is one piece of advice you would give to a new mother?
Cut yourself some slack; you're never going to be perfect....but you're perfect for your child.


6. What is the most important thing you wish for your kids?
The ability to find happiness and joy in any situation and that they can accomplish anything they want to.



7. How do you balance your life? Are you the type of person who sticks to routines and schedules or easy going and laid back?
I am NOT a scheduler....I am a fly by the seat kinda girl....flexibility is important to me because I never know when I'm going to have a sick kiddo.
8. Are you a morning person or a night person?
I am a total night owl. I love the peace and quiet when the boys are sleeping.


9. Besides blogging, what do you love to do on your spare time?
I love to read, I love to watch basketball and I love to decompress at the beach.



10. If you could visit Hawaii what are 3 things off the top of your head that you must do once you get here?
Trick question Salena!!!! UMMMM VISIT YOU!!!! Lay on the beach for two days and not do ANYTHING. Meet all of our Hawaiian Ohana that I haven't met before!
11. How was your school years and how do you wish for things to be different for kids?
I did not have a great school experience. I was the awkward girl, the girl who didn't fit in. I didn't have a path to follow...and I didn't know I had a voice. My wish now is for all kids to know of their worth, that everyone has a voice, and that ALL kids have the ability to achieve any goal they set for themselves.


12. Complete this sentence: “If you really knew me, you would know that I ________________”
I am really good at washing laundry and terrible at folding it!
13. What do you know for sure?
I know that God loves me, that there is a reason for everything, and I am a truly blessed person to have such a fantastic husband and five fabulous boys.







14. What was your “Ah-HA!” moment?
When I found out I was pregnant with my oldest son....I realized that there has got to be purpose in my life...and I needed to get it together for me and my son. For that I will always be grateful
15. Who is the most inspiring person to you at the moment?
My most inspiring PEOPLE in the world are my children...they inspire me to be a better person every day.




16. What is the one most important thing you would like people to know about having a child with special needs.
It's not a tragedy....Kumaka is an amazing blessing to us and everyone that knows him.




17. Share the biggest lesson you have learned in your journey with Kumaka.
The biggest lesson I have learned is that ANYTHING is possible. Never limit what you or anyone can do.




5 random facts:

  1. I never thought I would be married or have children (boy was I wrong!)
  2. I love glitter!  Sparkle queen...that's me!
  3. Guilty pleasure? America's Next Top Model!
  4. I could live on Macaroni and Cheese!
  5. I can't sing to save my life!

  6. Salena....thank you for letting me come and visit with you! I can't wait to meet you in June!
Dear Life From a Mom f Boys
Facebook       Twitter          Blog

******************************************************************************************************************************

Tracy is right, we will be meeting in June when she comes to Hawaii to get her son settled for college here.  I  can't wait to meet her in person!!  Thank you Tracy for sharing a little bit more about you here today.

xoxo, Salena



1 comment:

Mimi said...

wow, 5 boys?! that is amazing! tracy sounds like such a brilliant mother! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Fashion To Figure Giveaway: Win any item $30 or less
Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker