Enter your email address:

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Finding Courage

I have been put into situations where I was forced to have courage, not only for me but for my kids. 
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9b
I believe God allows us to go through things which pull us out of our comfort zone because on our own we would never go there on our own.  It’s times like these where we are stripped of everything we know to be true and left with our true selves. 

In times when I am faced with needing to have courage, I get there by doing a lot of deep breathing, praying through the fear, trusting that God is with me the entire time, and believing that no matter what, God works out everything for good.  I have found that the easiest way to finding courage is being vulnerable and be true to who you really are.  God promises that He has already gone ahead of you into the situation that He has already planned out for you and has prepared everything to work out for good.

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”
Isaiah 30:21



It is in times of needing courage that we are pushed into the direction of growth.    If left to ourselves, we may not have ever made the choice to move in the right direction.  I believe that looking back, I see all the times I was forced to find courage were the times that lead me to where I needed to be.


xoxo, Salena



6 comments:

Danielle Anderson said...

I love this post. I have been going through the most difficult time in the past year in regards to my health. knowing that God is always there for me has helped tremendously. Through this experience I have grown so much and I'm thankful to wake up each morning. Thank you for this post.

ms.composure said...

Stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to show you some blog luv! def enjoyed this post!! new follower :)

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Katie said...

what an encouraging post. i have taken great comfort in the last few months especially, that God has my days planned out already and wouldn't give me anything I can't handle. thanks for the reminder!

Tracy Jensen said...

Salena...this is beautiful and I can totally relate. I love that you are willing to share your journey with all of us! :)

Nicole Marie said...

This is a beautiful, Salena.

Kristine Foley @ TheFoleyFam said...

Beautiful friend! SO true!