Enter your email address:

Thursday, April 19, 2012

As of late...


I'm in love with my keychains so I took new photos with instagram and wanted to show them off.





New pose they've been flashing me recently.

yum.

Photo taken summer 2007.  Aleshanee is 2yrs old in this photo and I am pregnant with Dakota.  This is my most favorite photo that I took myself.

My sister Cassie and her friend Pedro, both were recently in Little Shop of Horrors.  Pedro was the lead playing Seymour.  They were 2 of the 25 that were called back to audition live at the XFactor Audition Pass Contest.  They were 2 points away from a perfect score.  The winner was the only one with a perfect score of 30.  He was amazing.

Don't let their cuteness fool ya. 
Their new pose, not sure where they learned it.

Fun times.

Jumping off the side of the slide is their new favorite thing.

My little love bug.

Lined up little shoes, precious.



Little sister wants big sister to carry her and to take care of her.

Running away with her chocolate easter bunny after hiding out and eating all her chocolate eggs and cookies.

Beauty along the way to the playground. 
Took the short walk to the playground and they stopped right before it and sat on the pavement.

"Help, help, we're locked, locked in jail!!!"

Dakota is helping Aleshanee from sliding down and Hayden is at the top helping by holding Dakota's feet.

Precious moment.  I almost missed this photo opp not knowing they were doing this but caught them just in time.

First time at the pool in a long time.  Just putting feet in the water after a hot day at the playground.  Dakota still does not want to go in the water after her pool accident.


We've been getting outside daily, a change from being on the computer all day and having the girls getting into everything repeatedly.  It's been so nice to see them running around, using their imagination and to see just how much energy they have and must let out everyday.  Since Hayden is getting older and is able to be outside with little supervision at the playground it's been a nice break for me to sit and watch them rather than getting after them every few minutes for getting into things, not picking up their mess, or to stop fighting.

Dakota has been more willing to help and obey the first time with a quick "ok" or "sure".  Hayden has been asking for "carry" from big sister and has been okay with taking direction from her sisters.  Hayden is talking more and is so independent.  Aleshanee has been doing homework willingly and her reading is improving.

Lately, I've been wanting to spend more time looking at them, hearing, really  hearing what they are saying.  I've been catching myself way too many times speaking the words "wait. not now. just a minute. quiet! I can't concentrate! I'll get it in a minute. let me finish." and so forth.  I don't like the way things are going so I'm going to make changes around here.

Changes which may affect this blog which is dear to my heart.  Hopefully not too much.

Although I have had Instagram since it first came out, I have recently started using it actively.   You can follow me here:   


xoxo, Salena
 Facebook / Twitter  / Shop




3 comments:

Brooke @ Covered in Grace said...

Um...that is MY favorite picture of you too!!! (that I've seen, hehe.) It's so artistic.
Your kids are just precious!!

Salena, we need to organize a Hawaii bloggers meet up this summer!!!

Kristine Foley @ TheFoleyFam said...

You fam is just beautiful Salena!! LOVE those key chains too!! Happy Friday girl!

Evelyn said...

Yes, your favorite photo just speaks volumes! I just love it:) I am visiting from the May Day Hop and am now following you. I would so love for you to link any of your posts to my first ever Link Party:) Hope to see you there.