Enter your email address:

Monday, March 19, 2012

Why I’m Here & Why I’m Doing This


It's Blog Positivity Week and I am joining Ashley over at After Nine to Five along with many other bloggers to share the positive about the blogging community.




Why I’m Here & Why I’m Doing This

I started my blog because I love to share things to inspire others.  Life challenges, victories, heartaches, experiences, etc... all of it is beneficial to others.  It helps each of us to feel like we are not alone.  It helps each of us to know that there is hope.  It helps each of us to be relatable and allows us to support one another because we have either been there, want to get there, or just want to connect to others.

I don't remember how I stumbled on to blogs.  I started reading Little Miss Momma and Momma Go Round.  These were real women who have similar struggles and daily challenges like me.  I related to them and could not wait to read what they had to say next.

I then stumbled upon Miss Mommy's blog.  It was the post about tantrums.  I commented and she was the very first blogger who responded to me.  I was so encouraged that she took time out of her busy life to reply to me.  After reading mommy blogs and knowing I had similar things happening in my life and I had a lot to contribute, I started thinking of starting my own blog.  At first it was to get all my "heart thoughts" off of facebook and in a place where those who wanted to read about it would have access to it's whole "story" rather than bits and pieces in status updates.

Nicole of Miss Mommy encouraged me to start my own blog and without a name or theme, I stopped what I was doing and set up my blog.  I chose the name "A Little Piece of Me" because what I share are little pieces of my life.  Whether it's about my kids, about my life, about my heart, anything I share is a piece of me that I choosing to reveal to others.

I started in August 2011.  Since then, I have met so many wonderful bloggers who are always full of encouragement, support, and love.  I have never met them in person but I feel connected to them so deeply. We help each other with little blogging details and through comments and emails of support, encouragement, and just being a friend.

I have not been blogging very long.  7 months this week actually.  I am fortunate to have only a positive experience in the blogging community.  Everyone who I have come in contact with is nice and genuine.

I never thought I would have my own blog and be writing things for all to see.  Along the way I have not only connected to so many wonderful women but I have learned so much about myself.  It's a very freeing experience to write things out and to get such loving feedback and support.  To hear of women who have never opened up about super challenging things in their life, ever, until they have read something I shared.  Times like those are precious to me.  I love the connections I have made here.

What about you, why are YOU here?


xoxo, Salena



3 comments:

Karen said...

I love your blog, Salena! Love how you put it was to get all your heart thoughts off of facebook and put them where someone can read the whole story. I think that's why so many of us started blogging.

ms.composure said...

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! def love the pic. i posted it a few days ago def one of my favs i should print out and have it in my office

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Jenny {Heavenly Blossoms} said...

I would really love to take part in this. I feel so bad because I am usually so positive and of all days to be NOT, was yesterday at the start of this week. I hope to redeem myself...thanks so much for posting this!