Enter your email address:

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tutorial:: DIY Pinata

This is the pinata I made for my granddaughter's birthday party.  I have made one in the past using the paper bag technique but I was all out of paper bags I used the first box I saw just laying around my house.

Tip: When making a pinata for a 3 yr old birthday party, you may not want to use a USPS shipping box because it is thick and sturdy and you will need to cut the bottom open for the candy to fall out.  =)

Supplies needed:
box
glue gun
tape
scissors
picture
colored tissue paper or streamers
white paper or tissue paper
string





















This is so easy to make and everyone loved it.  This was made with extra stuff I had saved at home already so this was = Free.  Something like this would probably cost $25 at the store.  Yay for Mama Salena saving Saphire money!!!  =)

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.  Happy pinata making and hitting!!!
xoxo, Salena



5 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! That is so cool!

Laura Hernandez said...

Saying “HI” from the Blog Hop! I’m already a follower and LOVE your blog. ^_^
http://our-reflection.blogspot.com/

Devan McGuinness said...

So cool! Love this idea & you did a great job!

oomph. said...

what a wonderful idea to make your own! my son has been obsessed with pinatas recently and wants one for his 4th bday coming up next month. i think i might be making my own! thanks for sharing.

[oomph.]

Tygre Caley said...

I found you on The Grant Life! This is such a fun project! I'm inspired to give it a try. Thanks for sharing this!

lightofmineshine.blogspot.com