Enter your email address:

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Sweetest Thing

March 5, 2012

This morning after Aleshanee left on the school bus, Dakota ran to our bedroom window to watch the bus drive by.  I went back to bed hoping to go back to sleep for a little while.  Dakota asked to watch Disney channel as she does every morning so she went off to the living room to watch tv.  A while later she came back into my room and stood at the foot of my bed.
Dakota: Mom?
Me: Yes baby
Dakota: Are you sad because you don't have another baby?
Me: I'm okay now
Dakota: Are you sad because you don't have another baby?
Me: Sometimes
Dakota: It's okay, we can draw you a baby.
Me: Aww, okay, that is so sweet!
Dakota: We can draw you a baby out of paper, cut it out and put glue on it.  But it will be sticky.
Me: oh, okay.
Dakota: Later when Shanee comes home, we'll draw you a baby.
Dakota is the sweetest.  She is one who consistently asks me if I'm sad because the baby died.  Out of the blue she will come up to me and ask me with the deepest concern on her face and in her voice.  She waits intently for my answer and is very serious.  She is 4 yrs old.

To read more about the baby you can catch up here.

I have noticed, ever since Dakota's accident that she has been more in tune with things like this.  She's the one who will come up to you and ask you if you are okay, if you're sad, why you're mad, if you're happy, she is very sweet and quick to apologize, and will look into your eyes and give you the sweetest glances.

As time goes by, I am sure with my whole heart that God had special plans for this little girl and spared her for a reason, for greater things.  She has impacted my heart and life so much more since that day.

She is the sweetest and I am enjoying every moment of her.


Linking up here, here, here, and here.


xoxo, Salena
 Facebook / Twitter  / Shop

8 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

This is beautiful..children are blessings and I think you will find healing through your little girl and her wonderful spirit!! My eyes filled up reading this..just wonderful!! A big hug and happy wishes to you!! xx

Mrs. Hokulani said...

Awwwww my Koda is the sweetest. I love her... Miss you all!!!!

Tracy Jensen said...

Salena...She IS the sweetest thing....I love that she is taking care of her mama.! :) Thank you for sharing this little bit of sweetness with your loyal readers!

Sue said...

She is a sweet little one! I'm glad you have darling babies to make you feel good!

Samantha B said...

Aww this is too cute. I am glad you have her to make you smile :)

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

seriously- so so sweet! I love this short but sweet post! Thank you for sharing-made my night!!

Lauren said...

I am a new follower. I found you throughout Cup 1/2 Full. Nice to meet you. I look forward to reading your blog. What a sweet baby girl you have....

Lauren Rebecca

redemptionsbeauty said...

I recently wrote a post called "The Ache of Empathy that Grows Redemption" and your story reminds me of it. She has the gift of empathy and compassion it seems. What a lovely girl God gave you.