Enter your email address:

Friday, March 9, 2012

Meet Jen

This is Jen from Freckle on the Nose of Life's Complexion.  We just recently found one another when she won a featured ad space here on my blog.  I'm so glad because she's sweet, funny, and just great to know.  I know you will love her too.

Photobucket


Blogging about whatever my little heart desires since 2010!

1. What is the meaning behind your blog and/or shop name?
I started a blog shortly after watching Barbra Streisand's "Funny Girl" for the first time.  Her song "Don't Rain on my Parade" became a quick favorite of mine and my blog's namesake is a lyric in that song.


2. What is your most favorite blog post that you have ever written and/or What is your most favorite piece from your shop?
My favorite post is any one that scratches beneath the surface of who I am and what's going on in my day-to-day life.  An old favorite is "Family Ties" and a recent favorite is "Happy".


3. You’ve just been handed a “Random Act of Kindness” card after someone did something great for you, How would you pass it on, what “act” would you do and would you choose a random stranger or someone you know?
My local Starbucks has a drive-thru, which always has a line of exhausted moms or tired business men and women... I have always wanted to pay it forward by purchasing the order of the person in line behind me.


4. What was the last thing you did “just because” for yourself?
I treated myself to a pedicure.  For lack of better explanation, I soaked in the moment while my feet soaked in the basin.


5. If you could have a day to yourself, what is the MUST thing you would jump at doing?
Sleeping in would be a wonderful start.  And I'd read a book - I haven't made enough time to nourish my mind and soul lately!

Random facts about me:
1. I'm a left-handed girl living in a right-handed world. ;)
2. I can name all of the U.S. presidents in order.  I am still waiting for this skill to pay off.
3. I had surgery when I was 3 to correct a crooked spine wherein some of my vertebrae were fused together, so my justification for overindulging in chocolate is that I'm 5'4" with the stomach of someone who is 5'8".
4. I can't do a cartwheel or dive into a pool.  Attempts at both have similarly embarrassing results.
5. I watched seasons 1-4 of Sons of Anarchy in less than 2 weeks.  AMAZING show.



Freckle on the Nose of Life's Complexion
blog // twitter // pinterest



xoxo, Salena





5 comments:

Sue said...

I love sponsor spotlights, it's the best way to meet fun bloggers and Jen is adorable!

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

She is a breath of fresh air! Off to her blog I go! Thank you so much for this post... I love meeting new fun people! -Jen

Ally @ Love Parish said...

I love this post and I'm glad to meet new bloggers!

Love Parish

DebbieDoesCreations said...

Love meeting bloggers. I just found you via the Sunday Social. What a great blog. I hope you have a great weekend :)

Jen said...

Thank you so much, Salena!! You are the best! :)