Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Guest Post:: DIY ABC Room Decor with Jen from Freckle on the Nose of Life's Complexion

Today I am blog swapping with Jen from Freckle on the Nose of Life's Complexion.  I love this little DIY project she has for you today.  This is giving me some ideas for my girls room.
****************************************************************************



Photobucket


Hi, I'm Jen and I blog over at Freckle on the Nose of Life's Complexion.  A big thank you to Salena for letting me guest post on her fabulous blog today!  I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you!

Sometimes I am overwhelmed (in a good way, of course!) by how many awesome blogs there are (including A Little Piece of Me!) - from new recipes I can't wait to try to really awesome crafts and DIY projects - there are just not enough hours in the day for all the great stuff to read and all the things my fellow bloggers inspire me to try.

Unfortunately, I burn 50% of what I cook (and I generally forget an ingredient the other 50% of the time) and most of my attempts at creativity fall flat.  But practice makes perfect, right?  I decided to start small and make something for my sweet nephew's bedroom walls.  He'll be two and a half soon and his room is decorated in bright colors, so I picked up some paint, a few small canvases and accessories for a simple and fun project.  Here's a basic step-by-step guide of my attempt at being creative. :)

My nephew's room is yellow, so I chose bright colors and animals for the canvases. I love these wooden letters so much I'm tempted to try a "grown up" project with them (any suggestions?).

Diet Coke is my muse! I applied two coats of acrylic paint to the canvases and to the wooden letters. I then summoned the patience to let the paint dry!

After the paint dried, I arranged the letters and animals the way I wanted and used all-purpose glue to adhere them.

This project was fool proof - even for a novice like me!  I had so much fun making A, B and C that I'm tempted to do the full alphabet! ;)

Have you tried a fun and easy project lately?  If so, I'd love to hear about it!

Thank you, Salena, for swapping blogs with me today!



Love Jen

Freckle on the Nose of Life's Complexion


Thank you Jen for sharing such a cute idea with all of us!

Come visit me HERE to see my 10 Memorable Places.  =)

xoxo, Salena


2 comments:

  1. amazing post :)
    I love tutorials!

    bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I think my kiddo will love to do this with me! By the way, am stopping by from Social Sunday hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment. I appreciate your kind words of encouragement, they mean a lot to me. I read every comment left here and respond directly through email. Please make sure your profile email preferences are set to "on" so I may reply to you.

xoxo
Salena