Enter your email address:

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Celebrating Aaliyah's Birthday

My granddaughter Aaliyah turned 3 years old on Thursday, March 15th.  I had the honor of being in the delivery room with her parents (my daughter Saphire) and my oldest daughter Ashley.  It was traumatic and disturbing but one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed.  It seems like just yesterday that I got to see her birth, watch her open her eyes, take her first breath, and hear her first cry.


Aaliyah is a smart girl, so beautiful, fun, and loves everyone.  She already knows her entire name by heart which is a mouth full for adults.


She loves to sing and dance.


She loves to pray.


She loves to play with her aunties Aleshanee, Dakota, and Hayden.


She has perfectly sculptured eyebrows which she was born with.  Looking at her you would think she had them professionally shaped but that's not the case.


We celebrated her birthday with a trip to the Honolulu Zoo and to Chuck E. Cheese.  It was so much fun.


Here are some pictures from our day out.


birthday crown






my beautiful Saphire

yummy shaved ice

Aaliyah sitting in front of a picture of Rusty, the orangutan at the zoo.






Eddie


**All photos courtesy of Eddie King**


xoxo, Salena


7 comments:

Meesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

GORGEOUS pictures!!!!! :) God bless!!!!!


forevergodsprincess.blogspot.com

Meesh said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday Aaliyah!!
She is beyond adorable!!
Looks like ya'll had fun!!
-Meesh :)

P.S. I deleted my first comment cause it was all wonky from writing it on my phone lol :)

Ashley said...

She is too cute! Looks like a wonderful time. :)

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Beautiful! Hope she had a wonderful time! xx

Amanda @ Raising Miss Mommy said...

Love these photos!!! Such a beautiful family :)

Annelise @ Aunie Sauce said...

Um, you are beautiful. She is beautiful. He is beautiful. The ELEPHANT was beautiful! I love all of it!