Enter your email address:

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Interview Series Day 9: Ashley @ Mommy... A Work In Progress


I'm so excited to bring you this special Valentine's Day series.  I came up with some questions that would help us to get to know what others may be thinking about Valentine's Day.  I wanted to know what makes it special for them, what is their fondest memories, and their favorite things to do on this special day.  Towards the end you will a special message for their Valentine.

Today's Interview is with Ashley from Mommy... A Work In Progress, here's what she has to say...

Ashley
What does Valentine's Day mean to you?
To me, Valentine's Day simply means celebrating love; love of any shape or form. It's a great excuse to remind all the important people in your life that you love them and that they are important to you. To me, it isn't so much about a grand gesture or a declaration of love, but more about all the little things.         

 Share your most memorable Valentine's Day.
I racked and racked my brain over this one and there isn't one Valentine's Day that really sticks out in my mind. However, the first Valentine's Day that my husband and I celebrated (while dating) was right after we had made it official that we were only going to see each other. I had gone out of my way to pick up a shirt that I had remembered him mentioning. He had flowers sent to me. I found out later (much later) that he totally spaced out on Valentine's Day and was running around at the last second trying to find someone who could deliver flowers. Oops! I let that one slide, we were only 18 and I was his first (and only!) serious girlfriend.

Now, I remember one! We went to a nearby Steakhouse and had to wait FOREVER to get in, but they were giving us free appetizers while we waited. When we finally got seated we were next to a large table that had obviously been brought in just for the occasion since they needed more tables. It didn't look too steady but was obviously doing the job. Mid way through our dinner the music turned down and a man started serenading his wife "Let's Stay Together". The whole restaurant got silent so they could listen and BAM! All of a sudden the table next to us collapsed! No joke. It just folded in on itself and all the food and plates went tumbling. Everyone just stared in horror. I felt so bad.... but they got free dinner out of it,at least.


What would be your ideal Valentine's Day?
My ideal Valentine's Day? This is a tough one. It could go one of two ways.... I love the idea of sitting at home with my hubby and kids curled up on the couch watching movies, playing games and drinking hot cocoa. Just being with the ones I love is enough. However, we could be together somewhere on a white sand beach basking in the sun and that would be alright by me too. :) Oh, and throw in some Orchids somewhere too!  


Do you have a favorite Valentine's treat or craft that you do? If yes, please share. OR Favorite Valentine's item from your shop or favorite shop.
My ideal Valentine's Day? This is a tough one. It could go one of two ways.... I love the idea of sitting at home with my hubby and kids curled up on the couch watching movies, playing games and drinking hot cocoa. Just being with the ones I love is enough. However, we could be together somewhere on a white sand beach basking in the sun and that would be alright by me too. :) Oh, and throw in some Orchids somewhere too!  

Up until this year I never considered myself "crafty" but there are a few things I have been dying to try. My children love cake pops ( and maybe I do too) so we plan on making some red and pink ones. Hopefully the kids will get a chance to make some cute Valentine's cars for their Grandparents.            

 Do you celebrate Valentine's Day just on the day, does it need to be on the day, and/or do you celebrate all month?
Personally I love to have some acknowledgement on the day but I don't think you have to celebrate it on the day. It is all about being with the one you love and as long as you are together the time or place does not matter. I think we have only celebrated Valentine's on the actual day a few times.

Valentine's Day is about celebrating the ones you love. What does LOVE mean to you?
Love means so much to me. It's virtually indescribable. I think this comes close, though. :)
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
New International Version (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails

What is your most favorite thing about Valentine's Day?
I don't have one favorite thing but I can tell you that I am very excited this year for Valentine's Day because my kids will actually have an understanding of what it means. They will get to share in the celebration and partake in lots of fun activities I have planned for them.


Your special message to your Valentine...
To my hubby-
Thanks for sticking by me through all the peaks and valleys. Sometimes I feel like I have known you for forever and other times I look at you and feel like we just met. I am so proud of the father that you are and the way you love your family. You work so hard to provide for us and ask for so little in return. You are a man that I am proud to have stand beside me. 
               
You can find Ashley on her blog by clicking below.

Thank you so much  Ashley for participating in this Valentine's Interview Series!!  I appreciate your heart and honesty in your answers and for your willingness to share it with everyone here.


click on photo to read all interviews.
A Little Piece of Me

xoxo, Salena
 BlogLovin Facebook Shop Twitter Google+ Pinterest 

Pin It

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for having me Salena!

ms.composure said...

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show some blog luv! def enjoyed this post!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com