Enter your email address:

Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine's Interview Series Day 7: Jodi @ Sweets and Shutterclicks



I'm so excited to bring you this special Valentine's Day series.  I came up with some questions that would help us to get to know what others may be thinking about Valentine's Day.  I wanted to know what makes it special for them, what is their fondest memories, and their favorite things to do on this special day.  Towards the end you will a special message for their Valentine.
Today's Interview is with Jodi from Sweets and Shutterclicks., here's what she has to say...

Jodi Hall
What does Valentine's Day mean to you?
Valentines Day has meant different things to me in the past 10 years since ive been with my husband. Our first Valentines Day as man and wife we suffered a loss of a child and for years after that, I just couldnt associate that day with love. So we would celebrate it the week after and get each other gifts and go to dinner. Starting last year I decided I just couldnt do that anymore we should celebrate that day with love and spending time together. Thats what we are doing this year as well.
 Share your most memorable Valentine's Day.
The weekend after Valentines Day 2004. My husband woke me up and got me in the car and put a blindfold on me and drove me around. I felt like a big dork lol he was laughing. We stopped and he walked me into a building.. With a blindfold on lol. and when he took it off there was a hotel room with roses and a bottle of wine. He took me to dinner that night and we had a little getaway. It was wonderful.
What would be your ideal Valentine's Day?
My ideal would be to have him come home and we pack our bags and get away. Hop a plane get in the car and just go.. just go and visit somewhere warm. Just be with each other on an adventure.
Do you have a favorite Valentine's treat or craft that you do? If yes, please share. OR Favorite Valentine's item from your shop or favorite shop.
Cookies!! I love cookies in heart shaped or pink and red frosting. :) I am hopelessly addicted to candy and chocolate on valentines day thought. I love the hershey's pot of gold heart shaped boxes of candy. Or reeses peanut butter cups in the pink and red foil wrappers. And then of course. theres m&m's :D Heres a recipe for m&m cookies that I love to make.
1 c brown sugar1/2 c sugar1 c shortening2 eggs1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract2 1/2 c flour1 tsp baking soda1 tsp salt1 1/2 c M&Ms

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to creamed mixture. Blend well. Add 3/4 cup of M&M candies.
  • Portion out some dough using a cookie scoop. Using your hands, roll into a small ball and place on cookie sheet. Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball with remaining candies.
  • Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. (13-15 if taking straight out of the freezer).
Do you celebrate Valentine's Day just on the day, does it need to be on the day, and/or do you celebrate all month?
Just on the day for the past few years. Like i said before that we would celebrate the week after.
Valentine's Day is about celebrating the ones you love. What does LOVE mean to you?
Love means everything to me, not only love for others in your life but love for yourself as well. Its so important to celebrate love not only on that day but everyday.
Do you have any Valentine's Day traditions that you still follow as a grown up that your parent's did with you as a child?
Not yet, my mom made heart shaped pancakes when I was a kid, I want to do that when i have children :)
What is your most favorite thing about Valentine's Day?
Spending time with my husband.....and candy :)

Kevin and Marcy
 The loves of my life.. My husband and my furchild :)
Your special message to your Valentine...
Kevin,
I love you more and more everyday. Thank you for being my biggest fan, my number 1 supporter, my partner, and my love.

You can find Jodi on her blog and other social networking sites by clicking on the links below.
Photobucket






blog // scentsy // facebook
Thank you so much  Jodi for participating in this Valentine's Interview Series!!  I appreciate your heart and honesty in your answers and for your willingness to share it with everyone here.


click on photo to read all interviews.
A Little Piece of Me
xoxo, Salena
 BlogLovin Facebook Shop Twitter Google+ Pinterest 

Pin It

3 comments:

Alida said...

What a great interview!

I have been following Jodi's blog for a bit now but I didn't realize they lost a child on Valentine's Day. We had a child stillborn on our wedding anniversary...so I understand how she felt about celebrating on that day.

Olivia Grace said...

I love Jodi so much!!! One of the sweetest and most loving girls out there!! Jodi, we will be saying a prayer in remembrance of your sweet angel this Valentine's Day!!

MarieHarmony said...

I have been reading Jodi's blog for some time, she is one of a kind!
Will keep a special time to say a prayer for your baby angel on the 14th, Jodi. Take care