Enter your email address:

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine's Interview Series Day 5: Lacey @ Little Miss Nerd Girl


I'm so excited to bring you this special Valentine's Day series.  I came up with some questions that would help us to get to know what others may be thinking about Valentine's Day.  I wanted to know what makes it special for them, what is their fondest memories, and their favorite things to do on this special day.  Towards the end you will a special message for their Valentine.

Today's Interview is with Lacey from Little Miss Nerd Girl, here's what she has to say...
Lacey
What does Valentine's Day mean to you?
I'd like to say that love and one-on-one time with my husband, David, are the first things that come to mind, but it's not. To me Valentine's Day means cupcakes. :p
 Share your most memorable Valentine's Day.
Since moving to Texas we have not been big on Valentine's Day. I suppose we never were really big on it, but when we lived in California (which was also pre-children) we would make a point to go out and celebrate and go share a massive order of chili cheese fries from The Hat. Hah
 What would be your ideal Valentine's Day?
For David to surprise me it would take a lot of planning and poker faces. I can tell when he is up to something, but don't always know what. All he would have to do to sweep me off my feet is get a babysitter for the weekend and book us a hotel out of town.
 Do you have a favorite Valentine's treat or craft that you do? If yes, please share. OR Favorite Valentine's item from your shop or favorite shop.
I usually make cupcakes or sugar cookies. I was thinking about trying my hand at making these this year: 

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day just on the day, does it need to be on the day, and/or do you celebrate all month?
Now-a-days we celebrate when we can. We lack local babysitters and our kids are pretty young...so whenever my sister can make it over for the night or day we head out and grab something to eat and see a movie.
Valentine's Day is about celebrating the ones you love. What does LOVE mean to you?
Love is daily kisses from your husband before he goes to work - even if he is working from home for the day. Love is having someone who will find your glasses for you when they fall behind the bed. Love is ignoring loud snores. Love is baby kisses given to you right when you feel like you are about to lose it. Love is "eating" mud pies in the backyard after dinner. Love acting out fairytales. Love is supporting someone in their dream. Love is not being afraid to be yourself around another person. Love is peeking on your babies at night to make sure they are okay. Love is running to fetch your pregnant wife tacos in the middle of the night. Love is in all the little things we do for the people in our lives.
Do you have any Valentine's Day traditions that you still follow as a grown up that your parent's did with you as a child?
My parents didn't really do anything for Valentine's Day. My grandparents used to buy all the grandkids some candy hearts and a card for Valentine's Day. I get my kids little treats like my grandparents did for me.
What is your most favorite thing about Valentine's Day?
Cupcakes.
Your special message to your Valentine...
Is this where I get to go all super mushy? I can, but David and I don't roll like that. So....Davie! Doesn't it make you feel old to think that this is your 12th year being my Valentine? It makes me feel old. We're not as thin or cute as we were twelve years ago, but I love you more than Leia loved Han. (This is where he would say, "I know.") Thanks for being there to let me know that I am crazy when I am being, well, crazy. Thanks for indulging me and my crazy schemes. Thank you for not rolling your eyes (too much) when I tell you I forgot to buy ten items that we need to make dinner at the grocery store. Thanks for working your butt off at a less than fabulous job so I can stay home with the kidlets. Thanks for being the best father in the whole damn world. Thanks for making me laugh. Thanks for letting me warm my feet under yours when we go to bed at night. I'm glad I chose you to bake cupcakes with (inside joke). Love, Your Eternal Valentine, Lacey

You can find Lacey on her blog and other social networking sites by clicking on the links below.

Thank you so much  Lacey for participating in this Valentine's Interview Series!!  I appreciate your heart and honesty in your answers and for your willingness to share it with everyone here.

I'm at Lena's today over at Mom 2 Memphis and Ruby.  Come check it out and enter to win a Large ad space on my blog here.

click on photo to read all interviews.
A Little Piece of Me
Pin It

No comments: