Enter your email address:

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine's Interview Series Day 4: Megan @ Absolute Mommy





I'm so excited to bring you this special Valentine's Day series.  I came up with some questions that would help us to get to know what others may be thinking about Valentine's Day.  I wanted to know what makes it special for them, what is their fondest memories, and their favorite things to do on this special day.  Towards the end you will a special message for their Valentine.

Today's Interview is with  Megan from  AbsoluteMommy .  Here's what  Megan  has to say...

Megan

What does Valentine's Day mean to you?
I love Valentine's Day. Not for the romance, but for the hearts and colors. I love the pastels in the cold and foggy winter here in Fresno. Plus all the flowers and cute Valentines! What other time of year is it appropriate for a 34ish old woman to give out Hello Kitty Valentines?
Share your most memorable Valentine's Day.
I'm sure my hubby would want me to say one that involved him... But the truth is that the BEST V-day or let's say Most Memorable was the one spent with my best girl friends back in 2001. We were all single and ready to mingle. Funny thing is we had the best time out with each other. We laughed so hard we had to sit down on the dirty floor of a bar! We danced the night away and had a blast. Best part? No one even noticed there were no boys! No one was alone or lonely! Best. Friends. Ever!
What would be your ideal Valentine's Day?
We don't do HUGE romantic gestures, but he surprised me two Vdays ago with the New iPhone, so I'd be swept away if he brought home the new iPhone4s this year, or the iPad2. Seriously, I'm a big social media nerd!Oh and Pink or Silver Glitter Toms.
Do you have a favorite Valentine's treat or craft that you do? If yes, please share. OR Favorite Valentine's item from your shop or favorite shop.
I try to make gluten free treats for Valentines day since I'm a Celiac. Betty Crocker has a great new gluten free brownie mix that you can buy just about anywhere. They are delicious and everyone likes them. I've also done gluten free rice crispy treats or gluten free chocolate chip cookies. Plus most ice cream is gluten free, so yeah for that.


This year is going to be a little rough. I have to me on a modified elimination diet over Valentines day, so my treat will probably be a no sugar/no dairy fruit smoothie of some kind. I'd love any suggestions from your readers on their favorite fruit smoothies.

This year I'm going to make peanut butter monster cupcakes. I got the recipe from A Beautiful Mess. They are amazing and my husband falls in love with me all over again when I make them!
 Do you celebrate Valentine's Day just on the day, does it need to be on the day, and/or do you celebrate all month?
Last year we celebrated on the Saturday before with the girls. It was a family day and it was amazing! It was by far one of the best since we married. It wasn't overly romantic and we didn't splurge, but we were all together and it was fab. You can read about it here.
Valentine's Day is about celebrating the ones you love. What does LOVE mean to you?
Love is easy, fierce and unconditional. I love my girls so hard that it hurts. And I love my husband so fiercely that I'd go to great lenghths to keep him. Actually I'm crazy in love with that man, and I've done some pretty crazy things to prove it, and no none are R rated... Let's just say if facebook was around 12 years ago...
 Do you have any Valentine's Day traditions that you still follow as a grown up that your parent's did with you as a child?
No, but i"m totally loving all the Valentines Day crafts my daughter is bringing home from preschool. I remember doing fun stuff at school and I can't wait to collect it all. Red construction hearts do it for me!
What is your most favorite thing about Valentine's Day?

That it's inspired by love. Forget the cards, the heart shaped boxes, and the flowers. It's just love. Love is the easy part. Love is the fun part. Love is what makes a great life greater!
Your special message to your Valentine...
I love you because you know me and you love me anyway.
I love you because you are a good man with a good heart.
I love you because after all this time we can still laugh and make jokes that no one else would get.
I love you for all the gifts you have given me, especially this life that i never knew I wanted.


You can find Megan on her blog and other social networking sites by clicking on the links below.
Blog  //  facebook // Twitter
Thank you so much  Megan  for participating in this Valentine's Interview Series!!  I appreciate your heart and honesty in your answers and for your willingness to share it with everyone here.


click on photo to read previous interview.
A Little Piece of Me
Pin It

2 comments:

Jazmin @ My Little Memory Jar said...

These interviews are SO fun to read! And omgosh each of these girls are just gorgeous!

Kristine Foley @ TheFoleyFam said...

Fun!! Yes, girls night out is one of my favorite things! :) Thanks for sharing XO