Enter your email address:

Saturday, February 18, 2012

self portrait saturday

I saw this self-awareness self portrait series over at The Wonder Forest and thought it was a great idea. I have been wanting to take new photos of me for the blog but have been putting off.

I have been so busy with my little girls, have no idea where my makeup bag is (this is what happens when I hide things from my girls, I can't find it when I need it), and hardly have time to even brush my hair. So here I am participating in this self-awareness series with absolutely NO makeup.




I straightened my hair which usually makes me feel a little more put together. Took some pictures and yikes, I did not like the way my hair looked. So, I cut it. I cut the back, razored some angled bangs, then razored some face framing fringe. BIG difference! I don't know why I wait so long to do it. I'm feeling much better about myself by just reshaping my hair. I will not wait so long next time (I always say this so we'll see how long it takes for the next trim).

Things I learned:
  • Next time I need to remember to use my camera instead of my phone to do take photos.  Using an iPhone with no front camera leads to out of focus and off centered photos, not pretty.
  • I need to make time to take care of ME.
  • I can be fun, happy, and inviting and I loved that I captured joy in these photos.
  • A little series like this one was just what I needed to get me out of my shell and I'm glad I did it.
  • I need to embrace my unique individuality and just be myself.
  • Photo editing (in first photo) is my friend, a little goes a long way... {shh} ;)
Things I need to learn for future self portrait Saturdays:
  • Flattering poses. 

Happy Saturday!!

Linking up with Dana...


xoxo, Salena
 BlogLovin Facebook Shop Twitter Google+ Pinterest 
Pin It

5 comments:

Kim said...

I think they turned out great! I give you a lot of credit for doing it, I always feel so silly trying to take my own pictures and then you can see it all over my face. I'll have to work myself up to try this one week. Have a great weekend!

Katie said...

I also think they turned out great as well. I want to learn too take more self portraits as well. I have bought a tripod but haven't even got it out the box yet!

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

you did so good! i am way to self-conscious to try this.

you are brave-and that's inspirational.

Angie said...

Salena your skin is great!

dana @ wonder forest said...

these are great! thanks for linking up with me today :)
xo dana
thewonderforest.com