Enter your email address:

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Guest Post: Ashley @ Mommy... A Work In Progress

Hey guys!  Ashley from Mommy... A Work In Progress is here with a yummy crockpot recipe.  I love my crockpot but have not used it in a while.  This recipe sounds so good, I think I'll start using my crockpot again.  I'm sure you will all be hungry after this post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi A Little Piece of Me readers! I am so happy to back here again. If you missed me last time let me reintroduce myself. My name is Ashley and I blog over here. I am a stay at home momma to two little ones and feel like most days are crazy and chaotic, but I LOVE it. Stop by and say hi!

Today I have an easy recipe that I would like to share with you. My crockpot is pretty much one of my best friends! I am all for simple, easy dinners, because let's face it, when you have two little ones running around time is of the essence. I love being able to toss in the ingredients, close the lid, press a button and 6-8 hours later 'voila, dinner is served!
Here is one of my families favorites:
Chicken not pictured :)
Here's what you need: Boneless skinless chicken breasts ( I generally use four) 2 cans of buttermilk biscuits 1 Tbsp. of butter 1 cup of chicken broth 1 can of healthy request cream of mushroom soup 1 can of healthy request cream of chicken soup 1/4 diced onion 16 oz frozen peas and carrots paprika, salt and pepper for seasoning one package of dry ranch dressing mix Spray crockpot with cooking spray, place your chicken inside, season with paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. I also add a package of dry ranch dressing mix too. Pour the soups, butter and onion over top and cover with chicken broth.
It will look very soupy, but don't worry the dumplings will soak up a lot of the liquid
Cover and cook on high on 5 hours After it has cooked for five hours, remove lid and stir in frozen peas and carrots. Tear your biscuits into small pieces and form small balls.
They should look something like this
Place them on top of your mixture. Depending on how many dumplings you desire, you can use one or two cans of biscuits. Recover and cook for appx. 45 mins or until the dough is no longer raw in the center. That's it! Enjoy!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you Ashley for this recipe.  I did use my crock pot the other night after reading this,  now I want to try your recipe!


xoxo, Salena
 BlogLovin Facebook Shop Twitter Google+ Pinterest 

Pin It

4 comments:

Ally @ Love Parish said...

Yay, a new recipe to try out ASAP!

Ashley said...

Thanks Salena!

Lisa @ Organized Chaos said...

Yum-O...and so easy!! I love my crockpot also! ~
~Lisa @ O.C.

ms.composure said...

Stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show yous some blog luv! def enjoyed this post :)sounds amazing!!

http://infinitelifefintess.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com