Enter your email address:

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gemstone Creations "From The Vault"

I'm excited to be featuring my extremely talented baby sister and her shop today.  This is Cassie, she is here to tell us a little more about her shop, what inspires her and what's going on in her life right now.

Cassie Favreau-Chung
From The Vault




At From The Vault you will find one of a kind pieces that I handcrafted from my home studio in beautiful Hawaii.  I have an absolute obsession with gemstones, but I work with whatever material that inspires me...everything from sea glass and copper, to glass beads.  I hope you have a chance to browse my collection, and also that my jewelry will inspire and empower you as they do me.

Amethyst Gemstone Necklace with Solid Amethyst Pendant

Elegant Wire Wrapped Brown Sea Glass from Hawai'i on Copper Chain


I first started meddling with jewelry in order to make a living whilst in getting my Bachelor of Arts in Creative Media.  With a little one in kindergarten, it just wasn't practical to get a "real" job, and I figured that there had to be an alternative.  I knew about Etsy and had shopped there for a long time, but just never really thought that I could be a seller.  My sister, Salena (who runs this blog), had her shop on Etsy.  Knowing that she knew what she was doing made me feel much more comfortable about starting one myself.


When I'm creating new pieces, I usually just buckle down with music and a cup of Earl Grey tea for several hours.  I lay out different patterns and keep changing it until I am satisfied with the look.  I have to ask myself, "Would I wear this?"  If the answer is no, then I don't sell it.  I take extra care in making sure that the jewerly I make will last for years to come.

Tigers Eye Necklace with Amber/Topaz Sliced Agate Pendant

To take care of me, my most favorite thing to do for myself is performing and singing onstage.  I do a lot of musical theatre, and it is my release from the stresses of life.  It keeps me sane.  I am currently in the Hawaii premiere of a show called "Spring Awakening", which I am very honored to be in.  When this show was on Broadway, it was nominated for eleven Tony Awards, and won eight of them, including Best Musical.  So needless to say, this is one of my most favorite shows that I have done thus far.

Thank you for sharing about you and your shop here today Cassie!

Please stop by From The Vault facebook page, become a fan to keep up to date on shop happenings and visit the shop and check out her beautiful creations.

 alittlepieceofme




facebook // shop

xoxo, Salena
 BlogLovin Facebook Shop Twitter Google+ Pinterest 

Pin It

2 comments:

Sue said...

Very pretty! I love your sister's work.

huda said...

I am following your blog with GFC
now follow back me with GFC too
http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/