Enter your email address:

Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's the simple things...




The girls got to choose candy that was on sale today.  They take so long just to choose one.  We tell them they can have anything labeled with a yellow tag.  What do they go for?  Anything without a yellow tag!  In the end they chose a sale item and they were happy with it.  We sat outside the store to let them rest in the hot sun and enjoy their sweet treat.


Then it was off to sit in the courtyard...




Where Hayden dropped a piece of candy and the birds swooped up from nowhere and swallowed it whole.  She was so upset and started screaming at the bird.  It was hilarious.

Then it was off to chase every single bird in the area.  Hayden was running so fast that all her skittles were flying out of her bag.  The birds kept trying to eat it and she kept trying to pick it up and eat it herself.
Rudy and I just sat back and watched them enjoy themselves running back and forth yelling at the birds.




Today we woke up to silence.  All 3 girls were awake before us.  We walked out of our room to a complete arts and crafts disaster in our living room but Aleshanee was being the best big sister today.  She was carrying Hayden all around and taking care of her.  She did such a good job that Hayden never came back into our room not once while we were sleeping.  When I came out of my room, she just looked at me and then ran to big sister.  She never even said a word or made a peep for hours.  She just kept following big sister and putting her arms up for her to carry her.

I was so proud of Aleshanee today for being such a big sister.  When we were out today at the shopping center, she continued holding her hand and guiding her along.  It was the cutest thing.  I kept praising her at what great job she was doing and what a huge help it is when she steps up to her big sister role.

Yup, it's the simple things that matter the most.  :)
Xoxo, Salena s

Pin It

Linking up here:

Photobucket






3 comments:

C.LEE said...

First off, you CAN'T go wrong with a treat day. I mean, as an adult I still need those! Second, I love that you just sat back and enjoyed watching them play. That is one of my most favorite things to do. Then, I am so jealous/proud of your darling daughter! I wish my kiddos would let me sleep in! You are such a good mama!
xoxo

Kim said...

Hi from your newest follower, I found you on blogaholic. So funny, my daughter would have totally yelled at the birds for eating her candy too! Looking forward to getting to know you!
http://bbunchmama.blogspot.com/

SoCal Tess said...

Your blog is adorable, I love it! I'm a new BloggyMoms follower from the January Hop and look forward to your future posts!
Cheers,
Tess
www.inlovebythebeach.blogspot.com