Enter your email address:

Monday, January 23, 2012

If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful

On my wedding day, the song I walked down the aisle to was "If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful" (click here to hear the song).


When I heard the song start from outside the double church doors I started to freak out.  I was so excited yet so nervous at the same time.  I stood there with my dad as my friends were about to open the doors and I kept repeating to them not to open the doors and that I wasn't ready.  She pretended not to hear me because she knew I was just nervous but that I was ready.  She opened the doors anyway.


As I walked down the aisle with my dad by my side, I looked past all of our family and friends and focused on Rudy.  I had not seen him since our rehearsal dinner the night before.  The words to this song were true for me.  My eyes were beautiful because of what I saw before me.  A man, who was placed in my life by God.  One who chose me out of all the rest.  He chose me and the responsibility of a ready made family with three kids ages, 10, 7, and 6.

We dated for a year and were engaged for 3-1/2 months.  I knew a month before he asked me to go steady that he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.  I longed for our wedding day, for the first day of the rest of our lives to start as man and wife.  It would be the first time we have spent the night together which is why I was freaking out at the church doors when the music started.

As we drove to our photo shoot and then to the reception, it was all sureal.  We both desperately wanted to skip the reception because we were so tired.

This coming April 12th we will celebrate our 15th Anniversary.  I love to remember our courtship, when he asked me to go steady, proposed to me, and our wedding day.  There is so much that I always say I would do differently but the memories we do have of that time when God brought us together are so priceless.  I cherish the memories and OUR STORY.

I would always choose my husband if I had to do it all over again.


Whitney Houston - If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful (Duet With Jermaine Jackson lyrics

If you say my eyes are beautiful
It's because they're looking at you
And if you could only see yourself,
You'd feel the same way too.
You could say that I am a dreamer
Who's had a dream come true,
If you say my eyes are beautiful
It's because they're looking at you.

If you wonder why I'm smilin'
It's because I'm happy with you
And the warm sensations touch my heart
And fill me through and through,
I could hold you close forever
And never let you go
If you say my eyes are beautiful,
It's because I just love you so.

Now, my heart is an open door
Won't you come inside for more
You give love so sweetly now,
Take my love,
Take me completely now.

If you say my eyes are beautiful
It's because they're looking at you
And my eyes are just the windows, 
For my feelings to come through,
And by far you are more beautiful
Than anything I ever knew,
If you say my eyes are beautiful (X3)
It's because they're looking at you. 




Photobucket




Pin It

7 comments:

Lena @ Mom2MemphisAndRuby said...

Oh my gosh, you two were adorable on your wedding day! This is such a sweet post, Salena! Love it!

Emily said...

You looked so beautiful on your wedding day!

Tracy Jensen said...

So beautiful...I love that song and I love that you shared this. Thank you so much!!!! Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary....

Ashley said...

awww :)

Nancy said...

What a lovely post. I hope your hubby reads it. Found you on Wed blog hop.

momto8 said...

you were a beautiful bride. happy anniversary.

Julianna, Jade, Janae, Jamie said...

So beautiful!!!