Enter your email address:

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Favorite Things: HI-5 Recycling and Shave Ice























These pictures were taken back in October 2011 when my husband was on vacation.  One of the things we do with the girls is take them to recycle soda cans and bottles and use the money we make from that to get shave ice.  They are hands on with separating the cans and bottles into bins at the recycling center and they have so much fun doing it.  The shave ice stand we go to gives a dum dum lollipop in each kids sized shaved ice and the girls are always excited to see which flavor lollipop they get.  Their favorite shave ice flavor is rainbow... strawberry, banana, and vanilla.  They usually don't finish the whole thing but this past time, Aleshanee finished hers.  We are due for another trip soon.  My all time favorite flavor is vanilla with vanilla ice cream on the bottom drizzled with condensed milk on top... yummy, my mouth is watering now.
What flavor would you get??
Have a great Saturday!!!
Xoxo, Salena s

Pin It

8 comments:

AbsoluteMommy said...

Happy Saturday!

Karen said...

I love that you treat them with the recycle money! When we were in Hawaii, we had 2 shaved ice's a day and talked about moving there to open a shaved ice shop. We actually looked into buying a machine for the house but those things are EXPENSIVE!!

Pidg said...

Oh I love shaved ice! We had this amazing lil stand in Mission Beach back in Cali...NC doesn't know what it is! Such cute pics :)

Jordan Marie @ hottlt.com said...

mmmmmHmmmmmMHmmmm.. looks so yummy. so jealous. love you!! <3

Dumb Mom said...

Great idea! I should encourage The Dudes to do something like that!

Chris said...

Hi Salena, what a great idea, you teach the kiddies to recycle and then they get a lovely reward. Thanks for sharing these lovely pics. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Kristine Foley @ TheFoleyFam said...

Great idea!! Looks so good! Love the pics!

Tracy Jensen said...

This Summer we are going to drop off our oldest son in Hawaii for school...I cannot wait to sample that yummy goodness!!! I have never been to Hawaii...and your pictures make me happy and anxious! :)