Enter your email address:

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Little Shop of Horrors

I went to see "Little Shop of Horrors" at Manoa Valley Theatre for my birthday.


  I have never seen the play or movie so the storyline, other than knowing it had something to do with a plant was all new to me.  It was nice to watch the entire thing not knowing what it was about but me and my cluelessness; I didn't put two and two together till the end.

I was like Ooohhh!!! That's why it's called "Little Shop of Horrors"??!!  He has to kill people to feed the plant?  Hello!  Seriously, I'm usually not that slow but after the day I had with my girls, I was literally on the verge of a nervous breakdown before I left the house so I wasn't thinking straight.

The main reason why I went to see the show is because my baby sister, Cassie is in it.

She plays Crystal, one of the three urchins (the girls who sit and hang out on the steps outside the shop).  Yeah, when I first heard she was an urchin I was thinking something like "The Little Mermaid".  I told you, I'm slow.

My sister Cassie was singing, seriously... to The Little Mermaid score when she was 3 or 5 years old, when it first came out.  Her voice is AMAZING!!!  Every time I watch her perform and hear her voice belt out like there is no tomorrow, I cry.  And I mean, cry.

This time because the show was so funny, the tears that started to well up quickly went away.


There are no video or picture taking allowed during the show so we got nothing.  Nothing to show you at all except these few pictures.  Usually, the cast comes out in full costume to meet the audience outside after the show.  This time, the cast quickly changed and quickly ran off for the rest of their night.


I must brag on my sister so here is the blurb about her in the program for the show


Cassie Favreau-Chung (Crystal) recently moved back from Los Angeles to go back to school.  She has performed as a singer and actor at various venues around "Oahu.  at MVT, she was seen in The Rocky Horror Show and Bat Boy: The Musical.  Her other credits include Honk! at OAC, Once On This Island for One More Productions at Kaimuki Theatre, Jesus Christ Superstar at DHT, Kiss Me, Kate at ACT and The Rimers of Eldritch at Leeward Theatre.  Cassie also performed as a soloist during the UHM Men's Volleyball Finals at the Blaisdell Center and at the UH Women's Luncheon.  She was the lead singer for Island Music Band.  She performed with the Hawai'i All-State High School Choir and was the finalist in the I-94 Radio American Idol competition.

I leave you with this clip of her being featured in "Skid Row".  Enjoy!!







Pin It

6 comments:

Lena @ Mom2MemphisAndRuby said...

Ooh! I love it! It's one of my fave musicals! Your sister did an amazing job, no wonder you're so proud!! :)

Devan @ Accustomed Chaos said...

I LOVED that movie! Congrats to your sister & It's nice to know that siblings can be so proud of each other!

Lacee said...

That is SO cool!! Man, I have always wished I could sing...I think, though, if I actually had a good singing voice I would never shut up...I'd sing everything haha!

Ashley said...

That is so great! I have never seen the movie either. :)

Connie said...

I have never seen it myself.. lol... but your sister is beautiful!!! :)

Jessica said...

How awesome, you two are so lucky to have each other. I want a sister!