Enter your email address:

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm blank because...



I’m weird because…

I love the smell of fish food

I take a fully stocked diaper bag wherever I go, whether it’s for an all day outing or just a quick trip to the store.

I don’t consider it a meal for my kids unless it includes, starch, protein, and veggies.

I can leave the house with no plans, stay out all day and be totally content with just hanging out doing nothing with my family and return home completely fulfilled.

I will go up to anyone and talk to them if something inside urges me to.

When I buy new nail polish I come home to find out it’s the same color I already own, I tend to gravitate towards the same colors even though I try to venture out to try new ones


I’m a bad friend because...

I do not return phone calls right away. I need to wait till my kids are asleep or it will be a screaming match and no one will be heard

I spend all my time with my husband and little girls

I do not like to make plans ahead of time, it causes much anxiety with me as the time gets closer

I am distracted by my little girls all the time which leaves little time to focus on friends


I'm a good friend because...

I'm compassionate

I'm loyal

I would drop everything if you needed me

I'm a great listener

I'm generous

I have been through a lot in my life and would most likely be able to put myself in your shoes

I have a huge heart that loves everyone





I’m sad because…

I miscarried our first pregnancy

I have a frozen embryo waiting for a chance at life since 2004 with no money to implant it and am extremely fearful of another high risk pregnancy

We are in debt

We have no savings

My husband and I have not been on a date in a VERY long time, as in years, not weeks

Communication with my husband is really challenging

The future of my daughter with special needs is unknown and I worry about the outcome down the road

I want to lose weight but I have no motivation to do so

I struggle with depression and anxiety and it controls my life on most days

I did not pay more attention in school 

I feel like I don't know who I am

My oldest daughter and her husband will be moving away again next year

My 4 year old is dealing with her near drowning back in June and only talks about it in bits and pieces and still shows no interest in getting back in the pool





I’m happy because…

Although each of us have our issues, everyone in my family is healthy and well

I have a big family who love me

I have a faithful husband

I have a roof over my head

No matter how many times I mess up, my kids still love me and ask for my advice

My 3 older kids are growing up to be amazing people

I was blessed with 3 little girls after 5 years of unexplained secondary infertility

I have made many new dear friends from blogging and have built genuine connections

I get lots of hugs, kisses, and snuggles throughout the day

I am a stay-at-home mom to my 3 little girls

I know I have friends and family who love me for me

My 4 year old survived her near drowning after being revived by her oldest sister


I’m excited for…

Christmas lights and music

all the holiday festivities

Thanksgiving dinner

Christmas goodies

the handmade ornament swap with my partner Kim

presents

celebrating our engagement anniversary on Christmas Eve and Day

the expression on my girls faces on Christmas morning

all my giveaway packages that will start arriving in my mailbox soon


This post was inspired by Ashley at Little Miss Momma. I was the first one to view hers and it took me this long to finish mine. To be honest, it was hard for me to fill this one out. There are a lot of others doing this writing prompt. Join in on the fun so I can learn more about you too.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a moment to read mine.


xoxo

Photobucket
Pin It

13 comments:

Francesca said...

You're very cute and funny, and you're great at writing. I don't like the smell of fish food though, I just don't like fish at all. My husband on the other hand is Japanese and he loves fish as you can imagine. And so does my daughter, she's eat sushi every day. I'm Sicilian and in Sicily we have the best fish but I only like shrimps and fresh tuna, we get the fresh tuna in May and June. I'm following you from Rome, where we're living at the moment. Your kids are adorable!

Jazmin @ The Miller's said...

Wow. Your writing is so deep & heart-felt! :o) You seem so wise, fun and warm. Love getting to know you more!

♥Jazmin

Ashley said...

I love this Salena! I feel like I am getting to know you more. I struggle with some of the same things that you do too. I have so much anxiety on a daily basis and it is hard to not let it control you.

Sunny Vanilla said...

I was a high risk pregnancy too! I worried the whole time! I hope you have the opportunity to do it again :-)

P.S...I liked your bit about being a friend...you sound just like me :-)

Meesh said...

Awesome post!! Really loved your answers!! And thank God your little one is alright after that pool incident!
-Meesh :)

Caitlin@cait. create. said...

What a great post! Thank you for your comment on my blog! I loved looking through your blog because my sister is at BYU Hawaii right now. She's loving every minute of it!

Ashley said...

I finally did my version of this post! :)

Erin said...

It's so nice to meet you and a joy to get to know you through this post! You are so open and transparent...I love that! :)

Just Another Mummy Blog said...

I think this was one of my most favorite posts to read and do. Thanks for sharing such intimate details, I enjoyed reading your post!

Kim said...

I feel famous :). I was mentioned in a blog! ;)

Jenae @ Wildflower said...

I loved this I may need to write my own! Love you!!

Nichole @ Yeung Mother Hubbard said...

I love this post!

Ronni said...

Don't feel bad about taking a long time to post it--look at how long it's taken me to get to it!

I enjoyed learning so much about you. I hope your holidays are amazing.