Enter your email address:

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Small Business Month:: Challenge #3 My First Sale

Today's Small Business Month Challenge is to

tell, in detail, about your first sale. Where were you, what were you doing, who did you tell first, did you jump up and down in excitement, did you call your mom, did you scream the news at your husband, what?! I know you remember!

{And if that first sale hasn't found it's way to your inbox yet, what will you do when you see those blessed words, "transaction complete?"}
{Don't act like you haven't thought about it!}


My First Sale!!!



I woke up to check my etsy shop the following day after I listed my first few items and noticed a message in my box.  I was quite shocked to find that someone left me a message about living in the local area and needed the product the next day.  I didn’t think I would get a sale that fast.  I honestly sat there for a while not knowing what to do.  It was my first sale and had a read through all the handbook info yet?  Ummm, no.  =)
The first person I told was my husband.  He wasn't as excited as I thought he was going to be.  I'm thinking it's probably because I've sold stuff before so it's nothing new to him.  ???  Well, that's what I keep telling myself.  

I replied to the customer and we decided to meet in the middle because she lived on the other side of the island.  For those of you who don’t know I live on Oahu, Hawaii.  I live on the Leeward side and she lives in Town.  25 miles away.  Yes, for those living on the continental US, this is a short lovely drive. 

My husband works on the way so I asked him to make the delivery.  I didn’t think of packaging at all yet so I frantically tried to think of a way to package her purchase.  I thought maybe I should print the invoice and send her a little message so I had to create something fast because my husband was on his way out the door.  Just in time I got it all together to hand him the box and phew, I was relieved and yet anxious about what the customer thought of my product, the last minute packaging and my note.  I haven’t heard from her so I’m assuming all is well and she loved her purchase.


The next thing I did was shout it to the world on Facebook.  I was excited that I was an official etsy shop seller.  I felt great about how my first sale went but I can’t wait till the next time because then I’ll be more prepared! 

All my heart


Salena





Pin It

4 comments:

Momma Bird said...

awe congrats!!!! that's totally exciting :) i've been looking to open one up here one day and i know i'll be just as excited as you were!

Toaster4JC said...

Awesome! That's so fun! I'm glad your first sale went well!

E @ Act Fast Chef said...

That is awesome! Congratulations :)

Three's 4 Me said...

I'm loving that new header and those kids are so GOSH DARN CUTE!!! I loved this post!!! So exciting!! Thank you so much for linking it up!!