Enter your email address:

Monday, October 3, 2011

Sick Baby



 My littlest one has been very sick this past week.




Fever, not eating, not drinking, constant crying and screaming, and hardly sleeping.
We noticed her gums were swelling and then the last straw was when she suddenly started screaming out of nowhere like she was in extreme pain and then her mouth was dripping with blood.
I called my mom to come stay with the older two and I rushed Hayden to the doctor.
Turns out she has a virus.  Doctor gave her a prescription, told me to give her Tylenol and Ibuprofen and she's been starting to get back to her normal self.
It was quite scary because he said if she didn't start drinking fluids that we would need to take her to the Emergency over the weekend to put an IV in to hydrate her.  We were not looking forward to that.  Lucky thing she started feeling better and is slowly able to eat and drink again.



When we returned home from the doctor walking into the front door, Hayden tripped and launched her head smack dab into the metal door frame.  She immediately got a big dark black and blue bump on her forehead. She was not having a good day.  After her first dose of medication and pain reliever, she finally fell asleep peacefully for the first time in days.



I hate when my babies are sick.  I feel so helpless not being able to comfort them even though I am doing everything in my power to do so.  I am grateful for being a stay-at-home mommy so that I can love up on them during these times.


All my heart

Salena

Pin It

6 comments:

ashley said...

aw i'm so sorry. there's nothing more hurtful than seeing your littles in pain. hope they feel better soon :)

Suzanne said...

I am going through something similar, although my baby just turned 7!

She is watching a Barbie movie and I am baking brownies...she's starting to eat more, so I think she's getting better.

Here's to a better night's sleep!

Sara said...

My heart goes out to your little ones. I feel completely helpless when my son is sick. I always wish I was the one sick instead of him.

I hope they feel better soon.

Ashley said...

I'm glad she is starting to feel better. :)Having your babies sick is so hard. Hugs to you too.

Lacee said...

Oh my goodness! Poor baby :( Nothing worse than sick babies. Hang in there momma!

Mrs. White said...

How did I not know that???? I had to find out on your blog?? Mom, I was just over at your house today. I'm glad that Hayden is feeling better. She was so cute today when she was acting all shy. I'm glad she got over it and gave me hugs and kisses. (: