Enter your email address:

Thursday, October 20, 2011

SBM Challenge # 6: Hinderances


Small Business Challenge # 6
Hindrances

naluanacreations


Now that I have my goals written out I can see more clearly what I need to be focused on.  This is all new to me since I am not the business person type.  I am not and have never been good in sales.  I have done the following while working full time and being a mom of 3 kids but with no success:

Avon
Weekenders Clothing
Pampered Chef
Alliway Jewelry
Haku’s by Salena

Here is why I have not reached my goals up to this point...

  1. Personality: I am not a sales person.  I do not like to ask people to buy something and have never been confident or pushy enough to keep asking if someone is not interested.
  2. Self-Control: Having the business above, selling at craft fairs or garage sales, I want to buy everything I see around me and practically give my stuff away for free, I’m just too generous but that’s me, I love to make people happy.
  3. Childcare: I am a stay at home mom with 3 little girls who want to nap, eat, sleep, throw tantrums, get into trouble, make a mess all at different intervals of time.  I do not have the resources or finances for a childcare provider.  My husband works odd hours, we see each other in passing and I have wake up through bedtime alone.  I have no free time to create, to focus, to produce merchandise, or to even think sometimes.
  4. Time: my days seem to just fly by so fast that I find that I’m forcing myself to go to bed when I have a million things that are not done just to get sleep to care for my girls.
  5. Money: we are struggling, really struggling financially.  There is no money to put into launching a business or to even pay to ship an item with regular postage stamps.
  6. Anxiety/Depression: After the birth of my daughter who will be 4 on Thanksgiving, I was diagnosed with Post Partum Depression and Anxiety which come to find out I have had almost my whole life.  Some days are easy, other days are really rough.  Once it hits me I have a hard time shaking it.


Pin It

2 comments:

Latoya @ The Scott's Crib said...

I can so relate to number 6...that is definitely a tough one.

Three's 4 Me said...

Wow, this is an amazing post! I'm so sorry that I am late to comment on it! I think the thing that's tough about having young children and working from home is that you literally never have to time to yourself to just sit and relax because even after bedtime, your mind is still racing. It's tough to overcome, and then pair that with post partum depression, it becomes almost impossible to feel like you're being productive. This was such an amazing post, and I'm so honored that you have been participating in Small Business Month! I'm so glad to have met you!