Enter your email address:

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sandbox and face paint party fun




We celebrated one of my nephew's birthdays this week.  Party time was filled with sandbox play, which just so happened to be Hayden's first time.  She kept picking up the sand and throwing it above her head then would look around at what was falling into her hair.  It was the funniest thing.  As you can see in the picture above, she was a filthy mess with dirty sand all over her face, in her hair, and I didn't find out till today that her shoes were filled with sand.


The girls enjoyed their time with their cousins and other family and friends.  My mom did face painting for the entire duration of the party.  My girls are usually the last ones to get their faces painted at these parties.  Once, my mom did their paintings in the parking lot while standing outside her car when we were ready to go home.

One thing though, that dark pink paint... does not wash off.  I was sure Aleshanee was going to school with red splotches on her forehead the next day.  Lucky I was able to scrub the rest of it off before the bus picked her up.

It was nice to see the girls being able to go off and play more freely now that they are getting older.  They are growing up so fast and one of the things I love to do is watch the way they respond to their surroundings.  Their expressions on their faces, the things they say, the funny things they do, I love all of it.  I could sit and watch them all day.

I look forward to more days like this.



3 comments:

Pidg said...

Oh, so sweet! My kids and I have Eczema so our skin is really sensitive. Last Halloween Lil Man got his face painted with one of the girls...his entire face was splotchy and red it was awful {and hilarious}! Your pictures are so fun..they always look so happy :)

Margie S said...

Adorable photos!

Meredith from A Mother Seeking said...

Adorable. Love to see happy faces! ~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...