Enter your email address:

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Heart Therapy:: Letter From My Old Self


Today the idea is to think of yourself old, at the end of your life, and what advice you will give yourself now with what you are going through, looking back.


Dear Salena,

What is it that you are so fearful of?  Life is not that complicated but you let it grip you and hold you back from all that is good.  There is so much out there for you to explore, to experience.  The thoughts going on in your head are not truth.  You need to throw it all on God.  All your doubt, anxiety, fear, worries, disappointments all of it.  You know that HE is there, waiting, and listening.  HE wants to take it all from you but you refuse to let go.

Life is passing you by.  Hours, days, weeks, months, years what do you have to show for it?  In the things that surround you at this moment, what has changed?  How have you made a difference? 

You need to believe in yourself.  Look at all your beautiful children.  I know you feel like you’re not enough, that you haven’t done enough but look how they are growing, thriving, and becoming their own people.  They all have loving hearts, they love others, are compassionate, they are making their own decisions and doing well because you have taught them well.

All we can do is do the best we can with what we have where we are.  Everything will fall into place.  You cannot do it all.  Take a step back and look at your life.  You know, it is clear what is most important.  Clear your mind, focus, you will see.  As what’s most important comes to the surface, you will know what to do.  Stop second guessing yourself.  STOP DOUBTING!!!  You are WASTING TIME!!!! WASTING YOUR LIFE!!!  You are capable, YOU ARE NEEDED!

You have helped so many hearts in your lifetime.  Why don’t you see it?  You are good enough!  Stop comparing yourself to others, they DO NOT MATTER! Wake up!

As the years go by, you will see, it will all make sense.  I wish I could let you see what I’m talking about.  To let you know what I know. 

You know that God is there, HE is here with you.  HE is what you need when you feel that you lack anything.

Your family is waiting for you.  Stop hiding in the mound of “what if”, “but”, “I haven’t”, “I didn’t”, “I need to”, ‘I’m not like”, “I’m not good enough”, etc..

I can see clearly, I see you, your family, your life.  It’s not worth doing what you’re doing. 

YOU’RE MISSING IT!

WAKE UP!

I’m waiting

Love,
Salena



We need each other, more than  we know.

All my heart



Salena





Pin It

6 comments:

Nicole @ Miss Mommy said...

Beautiful.

Karen said...

Great post!!

Ashley said...

That was wonderful!

Lindsey said...

Preach on sistafriend :) I couldn't agree more with what you have written.

Pidg said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we really could receive a letter like that when we're young...heck even an instruction manual would have been nice! :D

My Songbook said...

I would have done well to receive this letter as well!