Enter your email address:

Friday, September 30, 2011

Under the Loving Care of Heaven's Angels

The last couple of days have been rough. 

My little girls and I were having a bad day on Wednesday.

They were set on not listening to me and kept pushing me beyond my patience.

I wasn’t feeling well and was way beyond sleep deprived to deal with the demands before me.

The night was ending with no one wanting to eat dinner, or take a shower, or brush their teeth, or pick up their toys.

It wasn’t pretty and I was not proud of myself in the way I handled them.

I felt guilty and like a complete failure.

In the middle of all this chaos, I get a call.

“We have been at the ER all day
She was 6-1/2 weeks pregnant
No one knew
She was bleeding a lot
Ambulance took her
Ultrasound
I already knew something was wrong
Baby doesn’t have a heartbeat
Miscarriage

It was like they were talking in slow motion. 
All I did was sit there in silence while the tears were flowing on the other end of the line.
I was numb like nothing was there.

After I hung up the phone

I felt guilty and like a complete failure.

For those who don’t know my story, you can read it here.

This past week I came across some great resources on pregnancy, infant, and baby loss.  I was so emotional and could not stop crying.
I was wondering why I am getting so emotional about this right now.
You can read more about that here.

When I got that phone call, I knew, this is the reason why.

I found another resource.  It’s called "Lost For Words card line".

As I was searching the site and finding so many heartfelt and thoughtful words of inspiration, this is when I got the call.

As I was hearing the news, I was staring at this website.

These words which are written on one of the cards moved my heart

“May you find peace and comfort in the knowledge that your beautiful baby is under the loving care of Heaven’s Angels”

When you hear of a loved one who has lost their baby, there are no words that can express what has happened.

For families who have suffered a pregnancy loss it is often a confusing time.  There is no baby to physically hold and most times the gender is unknown.

Babies who are lost to miscarriages are often forgotten.  Those around us tend to forget that every year there are dates which are hard for us to handle, not all of us, but many.
  • The anniversary of the miscarriage
  • The anniversary of the day baby was due 

These resources listed make it easy for friends and family to reach out to those who have suffered this devastating loss.

Please, take the time to look over these amazing resources which were created by 2 women who have personal stories to share.



Reach out to those who have suffered loss, even if it’s just to say that you still remember and that their baby has not been forgotten.

You never know that one thoughtful heartfelt sentiment may just be the one thing they need to step onto the road of healing and moving on.




All my heart

Salena
Pin It

2 comments:

Katie said...

{{Hugs}}...
I've been thinking of you guys the past couple of days.

Pidg said...

Oh Salena my heart still aches for you and your family. Like I said in our emails I understand and I'm here if you need to talk. I wrote a few pieces regarding miscarriage but have never shared them with anyone. Sending prayers your way