Enter your email address:

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

take time to smell the flowers




While rushing back from a potty break during our time at Costco, Dakota yelled out to me “Mommy, can I smell the flowers??!!”  At first I told her no because I wanted to get back to daddy and the girls to finish our shopping, it was closing time.  She again asked me “Please, can I smell the flowers?!” then it hit me.  What am I doing?  Why am I always in such a rush?  She reminded me that night to stop and enjoy the beauty around me, yes, even inside Costco.  Also to pay attention to my child who already has the heart to notice and allow her the moment to do so. 

My sweet Dakota thank you for your innocent loving heart and for reminding me to stop and smell the flowers.  Such a simple moment but it was a beautiful one we enjoyed together.

All my heart,
Salena

Linking up here:






and then, she {snapped}

5 comments:

Katie said...

So true! We all need that "slow down" reality check once in awhile.
Can I borrow Dakota? I could use that advice BIG TIME this week :)

Jazmin @ The Miller's said...

Awww so cute!

♥Jazmin

Erin said...

Such a cute post and a great reminder to slow down sometimes to enjoy what's around us :)

Hannah said...

this is just too sweet! how funny that "stopping to smell the roses" is an actual saying :) but it really is such a good lesson to learn to pause and enjoy the little things. it makes life so much richer. :)

Pidg said...

Ohmygoodness...from the mouth of babes. My babies are constantly reminding me {making me look bad} lol about slowing down and soaking up everything I can. You and I both know what it's like to have them fly the coop. Oh, this absolutely gave me the chills. I'm glad you stopped.