Enter your email address:

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Spicing Things Up With Husband

So I thought I'd take a tip from Erin from Living In Yellow and make use of some catchy blog titles.  It must work cause you clicked on it!  Thanks Erin!  =)







This week I made a decision to DO something in my marriage to change things up.  Because of my husband's work schedule and being on a tight budget we are not able to go on regular date nights or even have much time alone.  

I decided to come up with creative ways to encourage my husband. 

Yesterday I sent him a text about his smile.  I didn’t get much of a response for this one.

Today I sent him a text about his faithfulness.  He sent me a text back that said “I love you too” which is progress, for this I am happy.

These are simple things really but with more detail in expressing to him why I think about him in these ways.

Taking the time to do this helps me to have a better perspective on appreciating my husband more by taking the time daily to stop, think about something positive and expressing it in action to him.

I’m excited to try different things to build a stronger unity and intimacy in our marriage by doing simple things that don’t cost a lot of money or time.

What about you?  How do you keep your spouse encouraged and keep the unity and intimacy in your marriage?  I’d love to hear your ideas.  Let me hear them in the comment section.


All my heart,
Salena

3 comments:

Jenae @ Wildflower said...

Love this! I make Hubs Lunch sometimes and I will send him a little love note in it or I will write lots of little notes and high jack his truck and hide them..its fun when he comes home with little notes for the week :)

Erin said...

Awww thanks for mentioning me today :) you are sweet. And what a sweet post about how to keep the Romance alive between you and your man. Thanks again girl!

Pidg said...

I love this! Every morning I wake up and choose one or two things I absolutely love about my husband and focus on those throughout the day. It sounds funny, but you find what you're looking for ya know? I LOVE the pic of you and hubby, so precious, you can see the love!