Enter your email address:

Friday, September 2, 2011

The Shine Project:: Living A Simple Life


The challenge this week, is to make the steps towards living a simple life.

This could not have come at a better time.




One thing that I learned this week is I need to be present in my life.

My days go by so fast.  From the moment I wake up till the time I go to bed, there are other other's needs that need to be met.  I try to do so many things at once that my days are often a blur and then it starts all over again with little sleep in between.



I have been feeling drained.  My life has been chaos.


To be present in my life means to me that I am focused on the task at hand.  Focused on the person I am with.  Connecting with them, understanding them, and truly wholeheartedly being changed in that moment because of their presence in my life.

In order for me to do this, these are some of the things I need to change about me and my life:

Eliminate everything except for the essentials
Spend time doing what's important to me
Get rid of things in order to free up time to spend with loved ones
Get rid of clutter to leave room for only things that give me value
Limit communications
Limit media consumption
Establish routines
Keep to a schedule



This statement really hit home for me:
Find inner simplicity: spending time working on my inner self creates a peaceful simplicity rather than a chaotic confusion.

I was diagnosed with Postpartum Depression in 2008 after the birth of my 5th daughter.  It hit me hard and I was very scared.  My doctor then diagnosed me with Anxiety.  Looking back, I now know that I have been dealing with major Anxiety all my life.  I just didn't know it.

Simple tasks or even thoughts and decisions at times are completely impossible for me to accomplish.  When my anxiety surfaces, it causes me to not think straight and I cannot concentrate.  Add in 3 screaming children between the ages of 1 and 6 and all the demands that come with it, there are days when I just can't think straight at all.

This week I have thought about what would help.  The simple thought of living simply... seems so simple.

This challenge has given me resources to put into practice, something I never had before.



All my heart,
Salena

Linking up here: 

Photobucket

No comments: