Enter your email address:

Monday, September 12, 2011

Koi Fish and Pineapple Dole Whip



Yesterday, my sister and I decided to take the kids to The Dole Plantation to feed the Koi fish and get some Pineapple Dole Whip.



We usually bring our own 5lb bag of koi food because it’s way cheaper to buy it from the pet store than to pay 50 cents for just a little handful.  We all have so much fun feeding these fish because they will come up to get the food like a mob.  They splash water and are very loud.  It’s really a neat sight to see.





The kids took turns taking pictures by the pineapple cut out murals.  Baby Hayden had other plans.  She kept running away and then she didn’t want to let go of Auntie’s leg.

source

We all shared 2 Dole Whip waffle cones, which by the way use to be much bigger.  My sister and I were fighting off the kids so we could have some.  Next time we’ll need to buy more. 

There was a big open space by our table so we let the kids run around for a while till the place closed.  It was a nice cool breezy day so it was a nice break for my sister and I to relax.  We had fun watching and laughing at how cute they all were running around playing hide and seek behind the same planter.  Baby Hayden would just run after them like crazy and laugh hysterically because she was just having fun following them.

We live close to The Dole Plantation, no idea why we don’t do this more often.  I think we need to change that.

What about you?  Is there someplace fun close to home that you should make more use of?  What is it?  I’d love to hear from you.




All my heart,
Salena

No comments: