Enter your email address:

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Share Your Joy:: Coming back to us


I'm having a kind of a bad day today.  Not feeling like doing much.
Then I came across this linky party over at high heels 2 flip flops and I wanted to play along.
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

This is one of my favorite photos which was taken recently.  It shows my 3 year old Dakota with her older brother, Kapono.  I was so happy I captured this moment.  This is the day that her older siblings came to play with her after her near drowning at a community pool.  

{Dakota and Kapono having fun at the playground}
It was the first time she opened up and started to show that she was ok emotionally and was willing to interact with others, especially big sister Ashley who was the one who found her and saved her life.

{This is the moment Dakota finally opened up to
Ashley and hugged and smiled at her}

It was a scary time for all of us and we are so grateful she is fine.  In fact, while she was recovering in the hospital she seemed to have blossomed and become an even smarter little lady.

{having fun with toys from the hospital playroom}

{heading home with new friends given to her by hospital staff }

She will be 4 years old this year on Thanksgiving Day.  We will be celebrating her life with a lot more gratitude because God allowed us to keep our little girl.  

All my heart,
Salena

Linking up here:



9 comments:

highheels2flipflops said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS! How terrifying! I am SO relieved to hear she is okay. That must have been very frightening for her. I am terrified of water, hopefully she can learn to be able to enjoy it again. Thank you so much for linking up. It is hard to make a good situation out of a negative one but you are so awesome for capturing joy after wards. Family is everything and I know that is what helps her recover the most, your love for her! xoxo

Heather said...

I'm a new follower from "Share Your Joy". So glad to hear she's doing good!! I'm sure it was scary from Mom!!! Hope she continues to grow from this!!

Salena @ A Little Piece of Me said...

Thank you Christy and Heather for your kind words. Yes, it was a very terrifying time for us. We still have a hard time dealing with what happened but we know that God has bigger plans for her. She is terrified of getting into the water now but she will sit on the ledge, put her feet in and play at the steps with water toys. Other than that she seems totally fine. Thanks again. :)

Somehow, the bottom half of my post was erased. Grr! I can't remember all that I wrote so I inserted the very end from what I could remember.

Megan said...

oh how scary! Thank God she is ok, she is a such a lil cutie! Stopping b via high heels to flip flops, love the pic of her and her older brother. I have a 16 mo old and a 13 year old, so I know how rare it is to capture a moment of the two. New follower of your blog

Jenae @ Wildflower said...

Salena that has got to be the scariest thing I have ever read...I couldn't even imagine what your family went through and I am so grateful that she was okay. xo

Sporadically Yours said...

i'm so glad you have a wonderful reminder of what to be thankful for on Thanksgiving day! Thank you God for small/big miracles.

Latoya @ The Scott's Crib said...

Oh my gosh I am so happy to hear that she is o.k. I couldn't...I am seriously at a loss for words here. God bless you and your family and I hope that the emotional scars that came from this continues to draw you and your family closer. Life is so short and we have to appreciate every moment of it and I am so glad that this is a situation of triumph for you and yours!

Connie said...

I can't imagine Salena...the pain..the anguish... the fears..but I praise Him that your little one is OK, she is so beautiful and a true Blessing indeed! The pictures with her older brother and sister are perfect! Thank You for sharing... I think that as a new Momma I fear it all without even being there yet... so I appreciate post that can allow me to be AWARE, to be in MOTION and to know that no matter what God is good! I hope Dakota had an amazing day on her birthday..she is the most precious little angel ever! :D

Diane Keliikoa said...

Oh Salena, I am so sorry for all that all of you went through that day. And I am so very happy everything turned out good in the end. As I sat here reading , I could barely see through my tears. My heart aches for you and your family and then smiles with joy for God's blessings upon you all. Thank God for Ashley! What a blessing she is as well. Thank you for sharing your story. I will certainly be thinking about it the next time I have my girls around water
And will be hugging them just a little tighter.
Much love to you and your family :-)

Diane