Enter your email address:

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lessons from the Playground


(My baby loves to swing off the steps holding onto the railing,
giving all bystanders a heart attack!)


As a mom, there are times when I feel like I'm not good enough.  I don't have it all together.  On the outside it may appear that I do.  Friends and Family have praised my parenting and my children.


Funny how a trip to the playground can make me feel worse about myself.

A time of play, letting the girls run around, have fun and burn out the crazy energy they have stored up inside of them.  I wish I could have just a small amount of their energy.

Then I see the other moms and how they interact with their kids.  Their tone of voice and body language.  I leave feeling like there is so much more of me that I need to change.  I'm sure I am being too hard on myself.

We are all different and there are qualities in others that I admire and want to imitate.  Especially to become a better mom.

Today was one of those days.

Who in your life have you wanted to imitate?

All My {Heart},
Salena


1 comment:

Nicole@MissMommy said...

Yay!. You started a blog!. I can't wait to read more about you. xx