Enter your email address:

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Finding Balance

Finding Balance






Since I started this blog, I have been a little out of sorts.  Okay, extremely out of sorts.


I have been so unorganized not only in my time and schedule but my thoughts as well.


I need balance in my life.  I don't know how to "do it all" or "get myself together".  I need to find peace,to get everything done.


{{Focus}}


My life was already full of demands before I started my blog and I want to find a way to add blogging into my life because I love it.


I have been inspired by so many other people out there who are so encouraging.  They are real, honest, raw, brave, open, fearful, confident, secure, scared... everything and anything, and it's OKAY.


I am learning that there are people out there who love one another for who they really are.  I don't need to try to be someone I'm not to be accepted.


I don't want to lose what I have found in having my blog so I am working on laying everything out, making a plan, reminding myself why I started and NEVER give up.


I love to share my life and inspire others.  I know God has allowed me to have the life I have in order to relate to others, to have compassion and encourage those who have been through similar things as I have.


At times my days get overwhelming but I know I need to take a step back and focus on the simple things that matter the most and then it will all make sense and what I need to do will be clear.  At times, for me, it's a lot of moments throughout the day.


I was inspired by "The Shine Project" and will be linking up on Friday on how to "Create a Simple Life".  What perfect timing.


There is a resource here which has already inspired me to make changes in my life.


All my heart,
Salena

6 comments:

King Eddie said...

Though I am still very young in my age, I feel my soul is one that has seen it's share of experiences. There was a tone in the beginning that I felt as I read, which leads me to believe you are reaching for the balance you so long for.

In my life I have really learned a couple things for sure, one of those ever important things, is that, it is easy to over think an issue. Balance in life is fantastic in theory, but the absolute truth is that there is no such thing as a steady balance. You may plant both feet firmly, but then the terrain will change. . nothing will stay locked in forever. It is an ever evolving process that send emotions and expectations soaring high and sinking low. It is life. It is the natural way of "spring cleaning" our priorities. As your life changes, so must the placement of your balance.

With your new addition to your daily routine, you have to be sure not to let it become just another task on the list. In fact, remove it from your list of things to do. . . then it will be less of a task, and more of a chosen freedom. I really dig your blog, and your honesty within it. :)

Salena Lee @ A Little Piece of Me said...

Eddie, I totally agree. It started as a chosen freedom but now that I'm in it, it feels like I'm trying to keep up with the rest of the "pack" so to speak. Reminding myself why I have my blog and sticking to it so I can maintain my priorities and not get sucked in is my challenge at the moment. True that nothing stays the same and each time something is added to my life, things must shift, in a good way. Thanks for your input, it helps me gain focus on what I was trying to say in my post. =)

Em @ And Nothing Else Matters said...

Fantastic post Selena. I am really proud of you, and I think you are doing a fantastic job with your blogging.

Thank you for sharing yourself with such honesty.

Em xo

Salena Lee @ A Little Piece of Me said...

Thanks Em! That means a lot to me. :)

Jenae @ Wildflower said...

I loved this post! I Have had that feeling of being unbalanced for a long time. I even quit blogging for awhile because I felt like its all that I was doing. im still trying to figure out my balance in life but I also need to figure out whats most important. thankyou for writing this post :) and I think your doing a great job blogging!

Salena Lee @ A Little Piece of Me said...

Thank you so much Jenae! I am so glad this helped you. Blogging has taken up so much time. I didn't realize this is how it was going to be. Only because I want it to be perfect. Add pics and special fonts and links... it takes hours just to get it just right. Makes me crazy. I just need to remind myself to do it as a "chosen freedom" like Eddie said instead of making it so complicated. :)