Enter your email address:

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Awesome and Awkward Thursday


Awkward

me trying to be funny

  • When either my older kids or their friends post something on their facebook pages and I comment on a TMI post.  I just can't resist.  Most times it's funny.
  • When I post a TMI post and my older kids read it.  Oooops! :)
  • The time when I was carrying my youngest daughter and she pulled down my top and bra exposing me for the world to see.  Lucky my husband and my other daughter were standing in front of me at the exact moment to block me.
  • Waking up to the sound of the doorbell, hardly awake, looking all crazy and realizing it's your neighbor wanting to share his amazing muffins that his wife baked him for his birthday.  It was so yummy but I was a wreck.
  • Losing it with your kids and realizing that the door and windows you thought were closed were WIDE open during the ENTIRE drama scene.  Ugghh.
  • Having a child who has a total melt down in a public place.  
  • Finding myself rocking or bouncing when I am NOT carrying a child.  It's a habit after having 6 kids.


Awesome


me looking naturally joyful  =)

  • When my husband FINALLY!!!!! starts randomly texting me "Hi", taking a photo, sending it to me with a message.  Gasp!  It's a miracle!
  • My 6 year old daughter with special needs whips through her homework, understands it, and does it when I'm not looking.  I'm so proud of her!
  • My 21 year old daughter who was struggling with some life challenges is finally seeing her life fall into place and is truly happy.  Yay!
  • My 6 year old went to bed in her room by herself and fell sleep on her own.  This is unheard of!
  • My little girls having a moment of playing nicely, cooperating, thoroughly enjoying each others company, and completely happy.
  • My son and his girlfriend came over to have a last minute BBQ at the pool/playground with me and the little girls.  This is rare and we had so much fun.


All my {heart},
Salena

Linking up to:





4 comments:

The Cisneros Family! said...

Having a child throw a tantrum in a public place is ALWAYS so awkward! Very cute!

King Eddie said...

This is a nifty Blog! I do a lot of writing and posting online so I see a billion, but this was really cool :)

Salena Lee said...

Nicole @ The Cisneros Family: Yes, ALWAYS awkward. It's the ultimate walk of shame to leave any public place while a child is in full melt down. Thank you so much for your comment. I just stumbled upon your blog today and I love it! :)

Mrs. White said...

Ahem. You forgot about me! (: Why am I not on your AWESOME list? (: